Toast problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JzzTrump22, Feb 5, 2005.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Everytime i open toast it opens the disk image and asks for my password. How do i change this? I just want to have it in my dock, and when i click on it i want it to open without having to open a disk image and type in my password. It's really getting to me.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Did you follow the directions to install it properly?

3. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, i know i did it correctly. It used to work for me before i got my hard drive replaced. Now all of a sudden it's being a bitch.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Hey JzzTrump22,
    If you're sure about a correct installation with the new HD, you might want to check the settings under Preferences>General>"prompt to save changes when quitting" (checked?) Did you save that .dmg accidentally? Then Sharing>"Toast Anywhere Off" (It's it's on, it will require a password). Then Converted Items>"Delete Converted Items": (Choose "When Toast Quits") then delete any converted items. Good luck,
    X

5. Bear macrumors G3

Which disk image is it automatically opening up? And does it open it to start Toast or after Toast is already starting?

If it's the former, you probably don't have Toast installed correctly. If it's the latter, Toast may have some setting pointing to the disk image. Either hceck your Toast settings/preferences, or wipe them out totally if this is the case.

6. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

All those settings were already there. I don't know what to do now.

7. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have toast as a dmg file right now. So i open the dmg and then double click and the program asks for my password. Thast the first way. If i save the actual toast icon somewhere and then click it, it will open the disk image (when you double click a dmg it makes the picture of a white disk) and then ask for my password to open the program.