Toast problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nuks, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    I used mactheripper to rip one of my dvd's to my hard drive. Originally, it said that there were some bad vob files.. i let it mend them (or something like that) and then went to burn. It started the burn, and then said there was a problem. I figured maybe my DVD was scratched, so i left it alone. I went to do it again today, no problems ripping it to the computer. However, when I got to the Toast pane that says "drag VIDEO_TS folder here", and dragged the folder there, it said the contents of the folder could not be compressed.

Any help?
  2. koswo macrumors member

Oct 7, 2004
    Did you do a "full disc extraction" in MacTheRipper?
  3. larspetersen macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2006
    same solution

I have the exact same's a pain. I can't seem to work out why? however I posted a thread a little further down the page from you an "future" replied that I probably way a result of a bad rip, due to new codes.
    I sure hope that the probs. are worked out soon.

4. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    I did both a full disc extraction and a main feature extraction.
  5. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    I did a full extraction again, everything went fine (no problems with the vob's) but when I went to burn, I again got this problem:

The drive reported an error
    Sense Key = HARDWARE ERROR
    Sense Code = 0x03, 0x01

Anyone know what this means?

6. mcsenerd macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2005
    Irving, TX
    Whenever I get a similar's usually always bad media of some sort. Just because it's new, unscratched, or fresh...doesn't mean that it isn't poorly manufactured. There really are some bad discs out there that are bad right outta the box.
  7. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006