Toast Titanium 7.1 DVD burning slow or freezes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xrc, Dec 18, 2006.

1. xrc macrumors newbie

I'm using a LogiTec DVD burner. Toast T. recognizes it.
    Burning Video_TS DVD's is fine. I could also burn DivX Disk but it wouldn't play on my Pioneer HDD/DVD player.

I'd like to burn DVD-Video so that a DVD will play on a regular DVD player.

I have many movies or concerts that were downloaded. I can play them using a number of viewing software mainly VLC, QT, OSPlayer, WMP...etc.on my Mac no problem.

when I go to burn the DVD the Blue bar (encode) either stops very early on or totally freezes up. After reading thru some of these threads, I've seen tht making a DVD-Video takes a long time. So, a few times when burning the DVD the blue progress bar stopped. I clicked on the round red ball and it asked me if I wanted to stop encoding. I just selected continue. I guess it was still encoding but the blue bar hardly seemed to move, so I figured something went wrong. I have NOT been able to successfully burn a DVD-Video yet!!!! :mad:

How long does it take to burn a DVD-Video (playable on DVD players)? Did I stop prematurely? I thought maybe it was going to take 20~30 minutes.

When I have dropped some of the avi or mov. files into Toast it says that some of them are in PAL. But, I had no indication that what I downloaded was PAL. funny ha? But, Toast did ask if if I wanted to encode as NTSC.
    Any Help! thanks

2. jamesleo macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem as well. I am trying to burn a dvd with Toast Titanium 10.0.6. which includes 2 HQ .mov files and two other .vob
    After clicking the big red button, a pop up informs that the files are of mixed content NTSC and PAL and it might not work on some DVD players. After choosing continue, the blue bar goes on till 87% and stays like that until i choose abort. The longest i have waited is more than two hours and it seems to keep stuck there. I am not having problems burning other dvds and i have tried burning this project both on two different macs and it keeps doing the same. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:
    peace

3. jamesleo macrumors newbie

Having the exact same problem :(

I am having the same problem as well. I am trying to burn a dvd with Toast Titanium 10.0.6. which includes 2 HQ .mov files and two other .vob
    After clicking the big red button, a pop up informs that the files are of mixed content NTSC and PAL and it might not work on some DVD players. After choosing continue, the blue bar goes on till 87% and stays like that until i choose abort. The longest i have waited is more than two hours and it seems to keep stuck there. I am not having problems burning other dvds and i have tried burning this project both on two different macs and it keeps doing the same. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:
    peace