Toast Titanium 7 not importing album artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr.Gadget, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Mr.Gadget macrumors 6502

Mr.Gadget

I made a Music DVD using iTunes music and I have some issues with it:

1) Cannot use any music purchased from iTunes store. I can only use music I ripped.
    2) In iTunes, there is album artwork but it does not show up when I make the Music DVD in Toast.
    3) I am unable to "drag album artwork here" from iTunes to Toast.

Where can I drag the album artwork from if not from within iTunes? :confused:

Using OSX 10.4.8, MBPro, Toast Titanium 7.
    Thank you!!

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

You can't use protected files in Toast. Toast even tells you that "Protected files will only work with Apple apps" or something similar. You'll have to get the protection removed somehow. I never found the need to do this, so I hope someone else replies on how to ...

As for the album artwork ... has to be JPEG, as far as I can tell. Dragging PNG files didn't work. This counts whether it's from iTunes or dragging it in.

3. Mr.Gadget thread starter macrumors 6502

Mr.Gadget

Thanks for the reply... I guess I could make an audio CD from iTunes and re-import the music, then move it to the Music DVD.

So, is the artwork in iTunes PNG format? Any ideas where else I can get CD album artwork? Or, if it is PNG format, how can I change this so I can use it???

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

You could always look up your artwork on Amazon, or do screencaptures of the iTunes art (Command-Shift-4 and drag a box around the cover art). It'd probably be tedious however you decide to go about it. I know there's a few apps around to reduce some of the legwork, but for the music I listen to it was better for me to do a google search for each one :)

I don't know what format the iTunes art is in ... other than it's not jpegs.

Actually, if you have the artwork in iTunes you can:
    • Get Info (Command-I) in the album art view in iTunes
    • Click on the Artwork button
    • Highlight the art with a mouse click
    • Copy it (Command-C)
    • Go to the Preview app
    • Get the art from the clipboard (Command-N),
    • Save in jpeg format.

5. Mr.Gadget thread starter macrumors 6502

Mr.Gadget

OK, great! I'll give that a shot. I guess only one piece of artwork is necessary and the program will use it for the entire album. Only problem is a Music DVD can hold lots of albums! Not sure why I didn't think about Google... Thanks!