TOAST TITANIUM 8 questions...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcm3, Jan 21, 2007.

1. rcm3 macrumors member

How do I use toast (or something else) to make a fully-playable dvd from a full-DVD rip (made with mac-the-ripper).

MTR gives me the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Can I do something in toast with that? Or does toast need a .img file or something comparable?

Thanks for your help! :confused:

2. rcm3 thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind I guess. I think I figured it out. Toast has a VIDEO-DVD from VIDEO_TS option.

But I'm still getting a "error during compression" message thats keeping me from getting anything done though....

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I've always used Data - DVD-ROM (UDF) for burning VIDEO_TS, but the Video Video_TS should work the same. I assume you have "fit to DVD compression" enabled (and source is larger than 4.4GB), since you're getting the compression error. Otherwise, it shouldn't need to do any processing.

If you have a dual-layer burner, you can try turning off the "fit-to-DVD compression". It should do the burn quite a bit faster that way, too.

4. ericthered macrumors member

OK I'm new to Mac, and have the same issue. Your answers here really aren't much help.

Toast says it can compress to fit to a single layer disk but when you try -it doesn't work. You give the PC crowd (used to be me) a whole lot of s**T for programs that just don't work and now I'm stuck backing up my DVD's on my old Windows box because Toast and MTR just don't do it.

Somebody on here must have an answer that's as easy as DVD shrink.

Converting to MP4 then back to MP2 leaves too many compression artifacts and is a PITA. Come on people - help us out.

5. Victory macrumors newbie

"Drag and Drop" the Video TS folder created by M-T-R into Toast (7/8) and choose your options if you don't want to use default settings. Press red button to burn disc.

6. ericthered macrumors member

Toast doesn't work with main feature extraction.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    PC users should stay PC users imo....

burning DVD"s with MTR and Toast is one of the easiest things in the world.

Search for one of the many threads about how to do this.

*edit* ok I feel bad about my answer

Rip with MTR

open Toast - select the Video option, select video from TS option

drag the Video TS folder created by MTR into the big window

click the big red button

done

I've done this hundreds of times with no problems ever....