Toast Titanium Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espnetboy3, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    I know that you can burn bin and cue video files using toast>data so that they will play in a dvd player . I also heard you cannot burn mpeg to play in a dvd player using toast but you CAN burn .avi in toast so it will play in a dvd player. Anyone know how to do this? Do I go to video and then just pull the avi file into svcd or vcd?
  2. decksnap macrumors 68040

Apr 11, 2003
    I have used toast to put mpegs on a CD that is playable in your standard DVD player. I don't know about DVDs though. Just go to the video tab and set it to 'Video CD'. Then drag your mpegs into it. I wouldn't mess with trying to add a menu, that parts a bit squirrely. There is an option there for 'DVD-video' so I assume it will work fine.
  3. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    im talking about burning avi's and correct using a cd not a dvd.
  4. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2004
    Torquay UK
    I just burned an avi in toast today - my first attempt at using toast ever! I just dragged my avi into the window under the video section, checked DVD-Video, checked create Dvd menu...........

and it worked. I was amazed and will be very busy now for the next few weeks (because it took AGES!!!!)

Good luck
  5. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    THanks , but im talking about burning the movie to a cdr like you would a bin cue file
  6. mactonight macrumors newbie

May 2, 2005
    VT, USA
    Yes, Toast will convert any movie that QuickTime can read into the appropriate level of mpeg as required by vcd, svcd, or dvd. If you happen to drop in an mpeg that is in the right format, no conversion will happen.

A bin/cue file is a disc image that can be burned directly to CD with no extra processing. If you have stand-alone movie files, Toast will basically have to generate a VCD bin/cue image first, but that part is fairly quick. It's the converting-avi-to-mpeg process that may take a long time, depending on how fast your computer is.
  7. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    Ok so the only time to work in the Data tab in toast when burning a movie clip is when you have a bin/cue file. The rest are done in the Video Tab. THanks Im gonna try dragging this avi file in . Although I find alot of avi's dont play in quicktime straight up without a codec.
  8. hammer_horror macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2005
    ok, next question: :p

when trying to make a bootable cd of diskwarrior; toast 5.1.4 claims in help that it cannot be done in mac os extended version, however when i try to burn in mac os standard version its says it can't write write the data and that i should switch over! Why cant it write the data? how could i make a bootable cd otherwise?
    any help would be great,

(Using osx 10.3.9)