Toast Titanium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espnetboy3, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Still a little foggy on what exactly some things do in this wonderful program.Audio- Enhanced audio cd,Data- iso , custom hybrid or mac volume, Video- Dvd video, Dvd video from Video_ts(this isnt used to backup my dvds i dont hink its the udf one) Copy- Cdi, multi track and last but not least bin/cue which i heard isnt used to make a backup of a vcd i heard you use data cd then drag in the cue file.Just looking through toast today and wondering what its all about. Any help wouldbe apreciated thanks.

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

DVD from VIDEO_TS folder is exactly what it says. Drag a VIDEO_TS folder, or its parent, into the main Toast window and hit the burn button. After the burn is complete you'll have a standard DVD playable in any (almost) DVD player. This is the method I use routinely to back up my DVDs.

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

RTFM! Read The Friendly Manual! Toast has a friendly help feature built in, just go to the Help menu. I learned everything about Toast this way. It is explained far better than I ever could.

And no, RTFM is not an insult I was merely making a joke.

4. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

no i learned you use video dvd rom (UDF) for a playable backup of a dvd

5. dmbmikee macrumors newbie

Huh....I don't have that option in my V. of toast (6.05). I wish I did though:(

I'll tell you....I'm having a helluva time burning a dvd..... I still haven't successfully burned one. I've coastered around 10 dvd's...:( I'm not sure what's going on, ut I drag my audio and video_TS folders into toast and burn as a data udf and it says "burning complete"....but the movie never plays.....I think it could be that I'm using DVD +'s and not -'s...Anyone have any clues?

6. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Yes, you do have "DVD from VIDEO_TS folder". Select the Video tab, then the "Advanced" button in the drawer on the left hand side. It's the last option. If you don't see the drawer I'm talking about, you have to press the little button in the upper left corner of the Video pane.

+R's depend on the burner you have. If you have an older Apple-original DVD burner, you may only be able to burn the '-' formats. You can see what OS X recognizes for your drive by typing "drutil info" in a terminal or putting a piece of DVD media in the drive, opening Disk Utility, selecting the DVD drive and checking the "Capabilities" info at the bottom of the window.

HTH

7. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Either way works. Using the "DVD from VIDEO_TS folder" is a bit more intuitive for me.

8. dmbmikee macrumors newbie

Wow Thanks!

I'm a big-time newbie and that's some helpful stuff. Thank you! You may have solved my burning issues.