.toast?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by job, Jul 10, 2002.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

What is a .toast image? Can I burn it to a CD and use it as I would use a normal CD?

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey hitman... a .toast image file is one that was made with Toast... duuuuuh :p

You can mount it no problem with... Toast. :rolleyes: If you don't have Toast, get some butter and get it... It is THE application to use for burning cd's. :p :D

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

ha ha ha ha haaaa hhhaaaa!!! :D :D
    he he, nice one:D :D :D

you can also just rename it to .img or whatever in OS X. if you don't have toast this will let you use the file as you normally would.

:D :D :D

4. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

either way, it's worth it to invest (or download on Carracho...don't tell anyone) in a copy of Toast Titanium...I got it and it's just an invaluable resource...I don't know what I'd do without it (well, actually, I do...I'd be using Disc Burner...).

-ArtMan617

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Disc Burner isn't powerful enough for many of us, nor does it offer the important features that keep us getting Toast. For one, I need to be able to make bootable cd's, fast and easy. Toast does this in a snap, where DB cannot. With Toast you can skip the verification stage, you can't with DB (doubles your burn time).

Yes, you need to purchase Toast (this site doesn't support warez at all), but it is a worthy investment.

All in all, DB might be ok for the light user, but any of the power-users get Toast. It does the job, and does it very well. It can even write to dvd-rw disc's where DB cannot. Toast also handles cd-rw and multi-session burns very easily. :p :D

6. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

I have toast, but I used Stuffit Expander to mount it.

I got the .toast image off of Carracho, if that tells you anything. :D :D

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

carracho, what the??!!

forget that, KDX rules!!!:D :cool:

8. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

To hell with my stupidity but what's KDX?

9. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

You can skip the verification process. Just cancel when it starts verifying. It will not harm the disc, for it has finished burning by then. It isn't any different than skip verification in TOAST. $.02

10. meta-ghost macrumors regular

So what exactly is the advantage of Toast's "Write to DVD-Ram"? What more is it doing than if I simply dragged files onto the desktop DVD disc icon. I'm dying to know.

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

With Toast, you get the option right in the open... with DB, you don't.

Also, DB doesn't have the option to make bootable cd's, where Toast does (easily at that). THAT is a critical feature for me, since I make the bootable utility cd's for the entire N.E. tech support department where I work. :p

12. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I said dvd-rw NOT dvd-ram, although Toast does that have feature as well. I never used the write to dvd-ram even when I had a system with a DVD-RAM drive.

Toast is a professional grade burning application, where DB is a 'consumer' grade application.