Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
If I didn't like the style of moleskin/book look-a-like cases so much I would definitely be ordering one of these. It looks slim while also offering full protection. If it is like the vid review posted up of the first gen it should be a good buy for anyone who has paid for one already.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
looks like they just ported the yoobao magic case for ipad 2, which btw is a great case that I use everyday

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
Just ordered!! Can't wait to get it!!!! I was iffy about two things with the Targus Vuscape...well 3 things
1) Leather not real
2) No magnets
3) Interior was NC Blue..eww

This case is EXACTLY like the Targus with the following three additions
1) Real Italian Napa Leather
2) Magnets
3) Interior is gray (1st choice)

SCORE!!!

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Just ordered!! Can't wait to get it!!!! I was iffy about two things with the Targus Vuscape...well 3 things
1) Leather not real
2) No magnets

2) Magnets

SCORE!!!

I think other thing; Vuscape's stitching is blue and I much prefer the same color stitching like the Toblino.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
1) Leather not real
2) No magnets

2) Magnets

SCORE!!!

Please post a review when you get it. I'm waiting to order this only because I already have teh Marware cases on preorder and I don't want to do another return.

longlong14

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
i ordered one yesterday. hopefully the thing doesn't turn off itself with front cover folded back

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Why don't you guys who are still deciding to buy make a list of questions you have? Others and I who ordered it can try to answer them.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
My questions are pretty simple.

1. How do the magnets work?
2. Does it fold all the way back?
3. Does it add bulk and is it heavy?

Once there are enough questions I'll add them to the original post for easy reference.

Ysabel

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
As someone said it is bouncy when you type. Some people may not like that.

Did anyone notice that around 1.10 the cover touches something and it went to sleep. He said the iPad crashed.

Just realised it is a video of the case for iPad 1. :)

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
I have the Targus VuScape, and just ordered the Toblino. I will return the Targus to BB once I get the new case fro Amazon tomorrow.

For typing, if you take a pen and wedge it in the fold of the case, it makes it less bouncy and gives a little more angle.

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I have the Targus VuScape, and just ordered the Toblino. I will return the Targus to BB once I get the new case fro Amazon tomorrow.

For typing, if you take a pen and wedge it in the fold of the case, it makes it less bouncy and gives a little more angle.

That would destroy the leather front. wedging in an iphone (3G/3GS) would be more preferable.

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I imagined this case getting a lot more attention than it currently is. What do people NOT like about this care or the Targus Vuscape??

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I imagined this case getting a lot more attention than it currently is. What do people NOT like about this care or the Targus Vuscape??

Should have another horizontal notch to provide a proper typing angle. Saw a video and the user had to place the ipad in the "latch" that secures the front of the cover to get a typing angle. In this position the ipad bounced up and down when the user was typing.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011

That's what has me so confused. I don't see any issues with this case. The only reason I haven't ordered it is casue I ordered the STM Skinny (which I'll likely immediately return) and I have the Marware CEO & Folio cases on preorder at amazon for really cheap. It's between this and those 2 marware cases but I don't want to make yet another return so I'm just waiting it out.

Adexis

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
This case looks like an excellent combination of functionality, form and weight (very important). Any idea if it's available for order in the UK?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

I can't speak for others, but I REALLY don't like this design. I don't like cases where the back half of the case comes off just to accomplish the stand positions... This is not the first case to do it as we have seen it many times before on the iPad 1, but I didn't like it then either. :p

GadgetAddicted

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I can't speak for others, but I REALLY don't like this design. I don't like cases where the back half of the case comes off just to accomplish the stand positions... This is not the first case to do it as we have seen it many times before on the iPad 1, but I didn't like it then either. :p

I like it...it provides more stability than ipad1-like (OEM) cases.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I like it...it provides more stability than ipad1-like (OEM) cases.

What you mean? In terms of the bottom poppping out adds more stability? I don't know either way since this is my first ipad and I have yet to own a case. The one thing I can see about the ones that fold back is that the interior can possibly get dirtier.

I don't necessarily have a preference for cases. My 2 favorite are still the 2 upcoming Marware cases and one folds back while the other one pops out of the bottom. Damn them for taking so long to release.

FYI, in case anyone is interested. I emailed Marware the other day. They expect to begin shipping the Marwares this week with third party sellers getting them 1-2 weeks later...which seems to fall in line with Amazon's expected ship/delivery date.

N23

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
Received this case this morning and wanted to provide a quick review before class.

Well stitched, durable, incredibly thin. Funny that youtube review said the case smelled good because the leather actually does smell pretty good.
The case looks real sleek and professional when closed. Looks real sharp with the edges of my icarbon skin exposed as well.
The sleep/wake functions as it should, didn't put my ipad to sleep with the back flap turned around.

With the tension provided from the cover the ipad sits real stable in the provided positions.
There's actually so much tension my ipad wouldn't even reach the locking clasp when I tried to reach a typing position.
But it does almost reach and sits fairly steady even without resting on anything.
This will probably all change when the cover starts to break in.

I didn't experience a dramatic bounce in typing as in the youtube review,
but it could be just me considering I don't apply that much pressure when typing on the ipad.

My only gripe, which I feel kind of dumb for not realizing before, is you have to remove the ipad from the first to clips every time you want to stand it up.
Not the biggest chore but having owned the incase book jacket for a short while it was nice being able to just open the case and stand my ipad up without having to unlatch it.
It wouldn've been nice if the case just slid out but you really have to pry out the corners every time.

I really wanted to love this case but I'm not sure if I can get use to dealing with those two corners.

I'll try and get some pictures up later today.

slaphotk

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Can the front cover fold around the back comfortably for reading? Could you post a pic? Thanks!

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
My only gripe, which I feel kind of dumb for not realizing before, is you have to remove the ipad from the first to clips every time you want to stand it up.
Not the biggest chore but having owned the incase book jacket for a short while it was nice being able to just open the case and stand my ipad up without having to unlatch it.
It wouldn've been nice if the case just slid out but you really have to pry out the corners every time.

I really wanted to love this case but I'm not sure if I can get use to dealing with those two corners.

Damn it! I was so excited to get mine but this kinda turns me off :( I hope I will get over it!

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
Why? The clasps are there to hold your ipad in place when you want to use it in hand and not on the table. The clasps are vital lol.

It is not vital but kinda annoying. I guess I would have still ordered it if I had realized this :)

longlong14

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
if you look at the gen 1 case review, you can see that it has those 2 corners as well, but the reviewer just tilted the ipad slightly to undo them. doesn't seem like too much of a chore.
toblino 2 works a lot like marware ceo 2, i just like the look better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.