Today, class, we're going to discuss Tom DeLay

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Read the following article and answer the questions at the end.

CNN

Questions for class discussion:

1. Which of the following phrases best describes Tom DeLay?

(a) clueless imbecile
    (b) hypocritical ***hole
    (c) pompous jackass
    (d) all of the above

2. Do you believe Bruce Springsteen should sue Mr. DeLay for horrendously inappropriate use of his familiar song lyrics? Why or why not?

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Why are we even listening to Tom Delay? About anything? Wasn't he one of those who helped the downfall of his party by abusing his power?

Boy, the righties sure know how to pick their talking heads. Ollie North, Gordon Liddy, and now Tom. I'm sure I'm forgetting others, and Rush, O'Reilly, and Coulter are all guilty of a few things too, but it seems like they could use better spokesmen. Wonder if Foley is next. :eek:

Video of Delay getting slammed by Meredith Vierra for his hypocrisy. :D

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not sure who delay makes look worse: texans or exterminators.

what a horse's ass.

in other news, in light of all the revelations about WH pressure on the USAs, i start wondering if the reason delay isn't in jail right now is because a USA was forced to back down.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Here's another fun one. Way too much to make fun of. Just watch the video and prepare to have your head explode.

And yeah zim, I'm guessing that's why he's defending this, among the obvious partisan reasons.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

*Sigh.* The man is a marvel of hypocrisy.

It's nice that he regrets his drinking and his cheating on his wife. Great.

But I've yet to see this poor, persecuted man explain his support for the Saipan sweatshop industry.

It's bad enough that American companies down there practice what is essentially indentured servitude (under the U.S. flag); it's bad enough that some women are diverted into stripping and prostitution; it's horrible enough that some women there are coerced into having abortions (it's that or lose their jobs)...but the fact that Congress was investigating this matter during the 1990s, and DeLay specifically killed the investigation....

DeLay even went down there as a guest of the outgoing governor. And what did DeLay have to say after seeing the sweatshops for himself and promising to fight legislation to reform them?

What a slimeball.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

he is purely stupid, high school drop out, no intelligent, even his book is written by crooks other than himself.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another Draft dodger, he has no character just another bum like Cheney & Hastert & Libbey & Rove & Limbaugh & O'rielley & Newt and other republicans.