Today is my 27th Birthday and the 2nd month of my marriage!

Discussion in 'Community' started by bcsimac, Sep 19, 2003.

1. bcsimac macrumors 6502

Well I turned 27 today....I am not sure whether to say yay or nay. Today is also the 2 month anniversary of our wedding in Gatlinburg. Boy, Gatlinburg would be awful nice right now! I loved Gatlinburg! I hope my wife is an extra good mood tonight.....we haven't done a thing together this week and either she has been studying for an exam or saying she didn't feel good.....or I have been at Mac User Group meetings or running the Bible study at the church or on the road doing my job....trying to find new customers or installing their Macs. I want a nice night tonight.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Happy 27th B-Day bcsimac, may you have many more. I hope that this day will meet all of your expectations.

It sounds like both of you are having a busy life at the moment. Happy 2nd month anniversary. Just remember that Jesus is on your side. Try to take some time for prayer before going home. Now that the weekend is here it will probably make all the difference in your wife's mood. School can be very stressful, try to give her some slack. If she likes flowers, you could bring her 2 roses to celebrate her exam and your anniversary.

Try to smile, take some slow deep breaths, and pray. God Bless You! ;)

3. bcsimac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks wdlove! My wife isn't in school. She is taking an in-service exam at the prison because of her transfer.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Happy B-day! Mine was on Tuesday, and I just celebrated my 3rd anniversary with my wife, so I know you'll enjoy yours. Have a great day!

5. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

happy birthday man! i hope that you guys can unwind tonight and enjoy the evening together. if the weather is anything like here in Oklahoma, you're in for a treat.

6. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that bcsimac's wife did well on her exam. Pressure of an exam is very stressful. Hopefully he is having a relaxing evening and weekend with his wife!

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Jigga wha!?!

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Happy Birthday and Congratulations! Steve and I hope that you find endless sucess as a Mac installer! :D

11. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

It must suck announcing your B'day, like a few oldies on the board. Somone else dedicated a thread to us. Either way a great day mate

12. bcsimac thread starter macrumors 6502

Abstract,

My wife works for CCA (corrections corporation of america) as a corrections counselor. She recently got transfered from southeastern correctional facility to whiteville correctional facility. As part of her transfer she has to take inservice. As part of inservice, she has to take an exam. If she fails, which she wont, she would have to take it again. If the new employees or the prison guards fail....well it's the pink slip for them!

13. bcsimac thread starter macrumors 6502

I will need it!

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

So did you have a nice B-Day evening bcsimac? Did your wife pass her exam? Was your B-Day all that you expected, any Apple items? Were you able to have a relaxing weekend? I hope that the Lord greatly blessed you and your wife, surrounded with love!

15. Macco macrumors regular

Ok because I was about to say, convicts don't always make great wives, especially if they're still in prison...

16. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Am I the only person who imagined those Women behind bars videos.....

OK maybe I was. :D :D ;)

17. bcsimac thread starter macrumors 6502

wdlove,
    Yes, I had a nice B-Day evening. Don't know if she passed because she hasn't said or told me yet. No Apple items....sorry. I got instead a book from Joyce Meyers called How to Hear from God. I had to do all the cooking and baking and cleaning. She did decorate the cake. Yes, my birthday was as expected. She finally took all the subtle and not so subtle hints I have been giving her all day. Weekend was relaxing until Sunday....Sunday night was a nightmare. I got home from preaching evening service, and my wife wanted me to go to the store for something. I told her that I couldn't because I was broke. She threw a fit. She started in about how I never do anything and never have money and work a job that is a piece of crap and so forth. I ended up on the floor balled up crying and praying out of total frustration. I know my job isn't paying worth a crap and the preaching isn't paying much either, but I am trying my best to find a third job that does pay something. I am going broke because I spend a ton of money on gasoline trying to find that third job. I have to travel at least 30+ miles to apply for any job because there is nothing here where we live except darn cotton fields and gins! I have just about applied to every Walmart in the Memphis/west Tennessee area. I am beginning to push the Mississippi border in desperation.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very sorry to hear about your Sunday evening. Happy about your B-Day and the weekend. Money definitely causes a lot of problems and especially at the beginning of a marriage. It is still an issue for us even after 31 years of a happy marriage. My wife also becomes angry and frustrated. She says that it is her Christian faith and prayer that sustains her. Prayer is very important. I have confidence that with God you will find that right job, but in his own time! Please pary and be patient!

19. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

...god is great when it comes to money issues

the one thing i really learned is that christ was homeless and he didn't put a lot of stock in having a high salary...i have to remind myself of this sometimes...does that mean i should be homeless and take up the cross and preach? maybe or maybe not...but it is interesting to see the path christ took in his life

catholic priests take a vow of poverty and there is a reason for that...and many protestant ministers take that belief system with them, too...and one minister of a very rich church near me lives in a low income housing project

sometimes issues with money can become so confused with our times...but the average or below average income american still makes more than 99 percent of the world's population and also has more relatively, too...history and geography gives one an overwhelming scale of how affluent we are nowdays