Today only: $59 for Squaretrade 2yr iPhone 5 Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zzari, Dec 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Saw this online and thought I'd post here in case anyone else is interested. I would jump on it, but I bought AppleCare+ yesterday >.<

$59 (normally $124) covers everything except lost/stolen iPhones with a $50 deductible (maximum of 4 claims over the 2-year span). Pretty good deal at this price. Can only be activated for iPhones purchased in the past 30 days.

To get the coupon:

1.Visit their facebook page, "like" them, and enroll for the coupon https://www.facebook.com/SquareTrade/app_174961479209942

2.Visit squaretrade.com/iphone to redeem the coupon that's e-mailed to you.

Expires 5PM PST December 15 (today) - it's a 6-hour sale.

2. macrumors member

Thanks man

3. macrumors regular

Take AppleCare back! It's returnable and they'll prorate the balance owed to you!

4. macrumors member

Thank you! Just purchased it.

5. macrumors member

Thanks. I just purchased it as well for my sprint iphone 5 :)

6. macrumors 6502

Deal dead as of 10:13 pm EST...

thanks anyways!

7. macrumors newbie

I got this on my 31st day. It let me go through and pay and I then emailed them to see if it would be valid. They haven't responded. Anybody have insight on whether or not I should cancel it?
    Thanks!

8. thread starter macrumors member

I would try waiting it out. I've read reports that they've covered peoples' phones up to 60 days after purchase. Try giving them a call on Tuesday if they don't respond tomorrow, since most of them are probably out of the office today.

9. macrumors newbie

Thanks. It was too good of a deal to pass up and figured I have a month to cancel for a refund.

10. macrumors newbie

They replied back and said I am covered, no explanation of how far after 30 days they'd accept but it may be worth trying in the future if a good sale comes along.

11. macrumors regular

Squaretrade is EXCELLENT! I have it for my 4s. Shattered screen. Walked into apple paid $199 replacement fee Squaretrade reimburse my Paypal acct in 2 days. Completely smooth transaction and easy. Highly recommended