"Today Show" rehearsals?

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkeB, Sep 27, 2005.

1. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

Jan 24, 2005
    This morning I went to put on my NBC digital station and instead of my local news, there was basically the rehearsals for this morning's "Today" show. Katie was reading a script with some guy timing her, and then she was putting on her mic pack and Matt was yawning, then there was this thing for the "Bush Revised Cold Open 1" with the cliched colour lines sort of thing. Then they played bits and pieces of it and then bits and pieces of the opening song (for syching purposes, I'd suppose). Then they did about a 2 minute runthrough, did the opening credits and then Matt and Katie did their little thing from Humanity Plaza. Then they stopped and Katie's like "How 'bout they stop hammering for the open?'" then it cut to black and then the real one was on.

Somebody musta screwed up, huh?

Oh, and yes, the proper local news was on the analouge station.
  2. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    That does happen from time to time... back in the '80s or early '90s, there was a rather famous incident where a couple of newscasters were bitching about Japan on the air... no one realized it was actually being broadcast, but they got a BUNCH of complaints from the Japanese about it.

And let's not forget Ronald Reagan's famous "the bombing starts in five minutes" radio broadcast. (Personally, I've always thought that one was done "accidentally on purpose".)
  3. frances macrumors newbie

Sep 19, 2005
    If the cameraman forgets that they're already live, that happens. I wouldn't really blame the cameraman since their show is so early.. :D