Today's discovery: horizontal finder scrolling

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrSmith, Oct 13, 2006.

1. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Don't you love those moments? You know, when you discover a little trick on your computer that suddenly puts an end to something you'd just accepted as a fact of computer life? Well, today I discovered I can scroll through my Finder windows (in column view) horizontally using shift+scroll wheel. Sometimes I might have 6 columns and moving backwards and forwards (on this 14" screen) is a pain. Was a pain.

Yes, I know I'm the last Mac user to discover it - but I'm still happy enough to share the moment :eek: :p :D

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

Better yet... get yourself a Mighty Mouse, then you don't even have to press Shift!

;)

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Whenever you can get the MM to work properly:)

Bless

5. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

Not sure where this issue came from, although I know it's been documented. But I have owned 4 MM's, on three different machines, and every single one has worked beyond perfectly. They have exceeded expectations in every way. I started with two wired ones, bought a Bluetooth for a family member, and when that worked without incident, I bought a BT for my own notebook. No problems whatsoever - just set it up correctly and you're on your way.

Perhaps the MM problems were prevalent in the very beginning and were worked out with the second line of production. It's an absolutely awesome product in my opnion - I wouldn't trade it for any mouse, cheaper or pricier.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^That sounds good that they got the issues worked out but I can't afford to spend more money on a MM. I would really like to get a trackball now because I'm lazy and mouse work is heavy:)

Good find though

Bless

7. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Want to quickly move your Dock around? Hold down the Shift key, and drag the divider bar to either side of the screen or bottom to move it there.