Todd Bertuzzi = PANSY!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by chibianh, Mar 8, 2004.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I'm here.. laying in bed.. watching the Avs game. It's going great! Avs are killing the Canucks, a bunch of fights (like hockey should be). Then in the 3rd period, Mr Pansy Bertuzzi takes a freakin cheap shot on Moore from behind! Sucker punches him and then slams his face into the ice! That is NOT hockey! Moore had to be carried out on a stretcher and was bleeding like mad. I hope that mofo Bertuzzi gets suspended for the rest of the season! Or even better, I hope he gets suspended for a few games and I hope the Avs meet the Nucks in the playoffs so I can go to a game and throw beer cans at Bertuzzi! The Canucks as a team has lost what little respect I had for them.

Sorry for the rant. I'm sick and am just wound up a little. good night!

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Well you had to expect some retaliation from the Naslund shot that Moore got in awhile back.

TB will be suspended, probably two or three games.

If they meet in the playoffs it will be quite a series. I'm also hoping Philadelphia meets Ottawa now, after the um, enthusiatic matchup (slugfest) Friday night.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Figures, the previous record was set in part by the Bruins. :rolleyes:

Somewhat-but-not really related, Bruins defenseman Jeff Jillson's brother ("Melonhead") is an ass.

4. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

Retaliation? 2 games later? Moore had fought off another Canuck earlier in the game. Bertuzzi is a big man.. bigger than Moore.. why not fight him face to face instead of coming up from behind and sucker punching him? I do hope the nucks and avs meet in the playoffs. Like u said, it will be quite a series... and bertuzzi will be a marked man..

here's a video of the cheap hit in case u missed it. it's in wmv format.

http://homepage.mac.com/chibianh/.Movies/BertuzziSuckerPunch.wmv

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I reckon Bertuzzi felt Moore hadn't been properly dealt with and was frustrated waiting for an opportunity to kick his ass. I'm not saying what TB did was okay, I'm just saying you shouldn't be surprised. Tempers flare and people do stupid, aggressive things in chippy hockey games.

I should know. ;)

6. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    No, Peter Forsberg, that's a Pansy. Bertuzzi is just a "cheap shot" taking - dirty player.

7. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

a pre meditated cheap shot.. steven moore went into surgery this morning for a fractured neck vertebrae.. all because a man twice his size wasn't man enough to fight him face to face..

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Wow. Incredible that Moore broke his neck.

'tuzzi's in big trouble now.

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

It was a dirty hit, unfortunalty hockey is full of them. Hopefully this won't be career ending.

10. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

"TB will be suspended, probably two or three games."

If he only gets 2 or 3 games for that Hockey has bigger problems than I thought... I can't see him coming back until after the lock-out...

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Now that the extent of Moore's injury is clear, I have to agree. He'll be gone for the remainder of the season, if not a solid year.

It's a damn shame it had to happen. Bertuzzi's a great one, a true power forward who was likely destined for the HHoF and whose name will be forever tarnished because of one bad impulse (the sucker punch) and one bad twist of luck (falling on Moore's head) and the rookie Moore had a bright future.

It sucks for both of them and I wish it would not have happened. I only hope both their careers recover and they can move on with their lives.

12. womencantsail macrumors member

That was the most disguisting, despicable action I've ever seen in sports. He should be suspended for at least one year, if not more. Not only did he cheap shot him, but he dropped his stick, punched him, drove his head into the ice, and continued to hit him. He deserves whatever suspension he gets from the NHL, plus another 20 games. Or heck, how about he is out for a year longer than Moore is. And since Moore may never play again, I guess neither will Bertuzzi. Good, he's an ass.

And then Vancouver's GM Burke comes out and says, oh little Todd is really sorry for what happened. Oh yeah, you're full of crap. If he was so damn sorry, why didn't he carry Moore's incapacitated body off the ice. Give me a friggen break. It's no surprise why at the All-Star game, Bertuzzi is the only one booed everytime he comes within a foot of the puck.

I hope that Moore (or his family) take legal action against Bertuzzi. Mcsorley (sp?) was in legal trouble after he whacked Brashear a couple years ago in Vancouver, so I see no reason why the same should not happen to Bertuzzi.

As far as retaliation for what happened to Naslund, that's a bunch of crap. I've seen that play several times, and it looks to me like as he was falling down, he got caught with a kneee, from Moore, who was simply skating. Not looking to knock anybody out.

I never liked Bertuzzi anyway, but this just does it. I now hate Bertuzzi more than any other hockey entity. Yes, even including the Toronto Maple Leafs (don't even get me started).

13. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

Since he broke Moore's neck, it was definately better for him to leave Moore there to be handled by the professionals than to carry Moore off by himself.

14. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

2 or 3 games ... no. This man is a criminal, what he did is unexplicable, he should face at least a suspension through the playoffs.

15. womencantsail macrumors member

I realize that. The point I'm trying to make is that they are full of crap. You don't just mug somebody like that, and then have your GM make an apology. Some serious action better be taken against Bertuzzi. If all he gets are these 13 games to the end of the regular season, then the NHL has more problems than just a possible strike. :mad: :mad:

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Would you prefer no apology at all? I don't see why you doubt their sincerity. Breaking someone's neck and ruining their career would definitely weight heavily on someone. Unless of course you really really hated the mofo, but I don't thnik that applies here.

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I was watching a Vancouver station last night and it seems everyone but Bertuzzi is apologizing. They even interviewed a fan with a Canuck hat on who said it was a deplorable cheap-shot. I think that Bertuzzi is waiting to make a public statement after the NHL hands down their punishment (which I think they are doing here today). Then Moore will get the right person apologizing to him.

18. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I don't say this as an Avs fan, but as a human being: I hope Bertuzzi is permanently suspended, goes to court, and thrown into jail for a few years. A little fist throwing every now and then is to be expected, but to take a guy down from behind, beat him senseless, and snap his neck so that he'll likely be paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of his life is disgusting and unacceptable. Retaliation or no, cheap shot doesn't even remotely describe it.

19. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

One thing I've noticed from watching the video for a second time, it that it looks like Bertuzzi is trying to start the fight and Moore keeps avoiding him. While this is decent of Moore to not be instigated by that, I do think he should have been aware Bertuzzi was coming for him and not turn his back to him. Alas hindsight is 50/50 and there is nothing that we can do now but hope Moore makes a full recovery. Hockey has had enough tragedy this season.

20. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    An example of the distance Bertuzzi's imbecillic behaviour has travelled is when my lass, who know's just about less of Ice Hockey than I do, remarks about it when I come home in the evening.

We live on the other side of the planet, where an ice rink is only used by small people in leggins and tutus.

The man is a high calibre moron.

21. womencantsail macrumors member

Sure any apology is better than none. But if Bertuzzi is enough of a "man" to assault a player from behind, why isn't he enough of a man to apologize by himself.

And like I said above, he should be out at least as long as Moore is. If not more.

Here is a link from to the NHL page giving the info about the decision.

22. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

hey, mark crawford had that same look on his face when claude lemieux hit kris draper from behind in 1996. yeah, this is bad. i just watched bertuzzi's apology on tv, he'll see his fate in the morning. the one thing i don't understand is his closing comment

"I don't play the game that way, because I'm not a mean spirited person".

wasn't he suspended for 10 games or something 2 years ago cause he left the bench to put on a retaliatory hit on a player? he's been pulling these cheap shots ever since he picked up his game. if he's ever back on the ice, i don't think any fan will ever accept what happened and what he did. it makes me sick. he'll be showered by boos at GM place and everywhere he goes. if he ever plays the game again. at least it opens up a colorado-vancouver rivalry and leaves detroit to pick up its real rivalry with chicago and st. louis.

23. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I'm from vancouver so i can say this...

First, that Bertuzzi shot was extremely cheap. There was even no need for retaliation, it seemed the naslund shot wasn't even intentional...

Also, the canucks in general piss me off. They have no dignity. As soon as they start losing they pull cloutier put in hedberg and start to fight with everybody. They instigate fights left and right...fights that aren't justified.
    Also mark crawford pisses me off...he always has that smug/smirking look on his face that i just want to slap off him.

24. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yes.

I'd like to know if any of the people calling for Bertuzzi's head have ever played hockey.