Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applechew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
(Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in, i'm new to the site)

Today I joined a new network being that it was free offered by my complex. I noticed that my computer would pretty much lock up when turning on my airport. Everything works fine when the system boots up and it automatically chooses the network but I frequently turn off my airport when I am not using my internet for various reasons. When I go to turn the airport back on I experience this issue! I am on a 802.11n with a ruckus flexzone access point to route the packets. I am running a late 2009 macbook white unibody model # a1342 with os x 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I tried running a top command to see if it was possibly hanging on a process but didn't catch one. I then followed up with a opensnoop command and found the was occurring around the path "/library/preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist" and "/library/preferences/SystemConfiguration/networkinterfaces.plist" in the opensnoop trace the plist file name was "/library/preferences/SystemConfiguration/VirtualNetworkInterfaces.plist" but that doesnt seem to exist, so I assumed it was actually the first one. otherwise I installed some ram yesterday and upgraded from 2 gb to 8 gb. I don't think this is the issue but won't rule it out only because the computer ran awfully smooth last night for about 6 hours on a different network after installation. Thanks in advance for any help, ideas, or suggestions offered for anybody it will greatly be appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.