Toilets

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oh yes.......go figure that I'm the one who starts a thread about toilets. :p

Here's a few questions:

1. Women always tell me that the toilets in women's washrooms aren't clean, but how the heck do women make a toilet messy enough not to sit on? Their accuracy must be 100%, right?

2. Do you sit on public toilet seats, or do you crouch?

3. Do you "create a poo" in public toilets, or do you wait until you get home?

4. Do you make a mental note of all the clean public toilets around your area? I do, and I never go to other toilets if I have to sit on the seat.

2. Spies macrumors regular

I don't use a public toilet if any part of it needs to come in contact with me.

3. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

2. Stand on the seat
    3. Always at home if possible (and that doesn't include 2. :D )

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'd say women's washrooms are cleaner than men's but they're not as clean as my bathroom at home.

The reason is that many women don't want to touch the seat of the toilet - so they hover. This means that their aim isn't 100% and they can 'sprinkle' - that's fine if they then wipe the seat but sadly many don't - so the next person in is faced with it. Hence the old grafitti rhyme that you used to find in school toilets
    If you sprinkle while you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie :rolleyes:

If I use a public toilet, then I'll do whatever I 'need' to do.

And yes, I know where the most pleasant toilets are in areas where I find myself regularly - which stores have the cleanest and which ones should be avoided.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GET SO MESSY. It is LE GROSS.
    You'd think women would have 100% aim but... no.
    Avoid at all costs. I don't want to catch some funky disease. Eeeuuuwww.
    If I have to, I make a protective barrier of TP and still hover.
    Eeeuuuww public loos.
    no. it's just common courtesy to not.
    Yes. I make mental notes:
    Starbucks on Montrose.
    My friend's house.
    The starbucks down the street.

6. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

For some reason I think it's funny that these two threads are by each other.

Attached Files:

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

come on, you've used the magic of wifi + laptops to browse MR on th toilet.
    or am I alone in this?
    I KEED!

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I generally avoid them at all cost. I do know which ones are good and bad though, just in case I won't be getting home for a while.

9. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I've seen the most horrible atrocities in womens bathrooms, and not as much in the mens. I'm ashamed to say this but women can be slobs too. I will avoid public restrooms at all costs. If I'm driving about I have no problem pulling off and finding a wooded area to pee.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:eek:

Isn't that, ahem, what it's there for? I can understand not doing it if there's a line, and not making one so big it won't flush. :eek:

It all depends for me on how clean the bathroom is. If it's nasty, I won't use it for anything. If it's clean, it's okay by me. So I'm with Applespider. I find (and remember) the ones that are safe, do what I need to do, try to leave it at least as clean, or cleaner than it was when I came in, and that's that.

11. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I remember really having to go to the bathroom in India at a restaurant in a touristy section of Delhi. However, there was menstrual blood all over the seat. Don't ask me how it got there. It was just disgusting. I think I almost made the whole toilet scene worse by throwing up all over it. I guess, in that sense, the hole-in-the-ground toilets have an advantage. You have to squat and won't come in contact with anything (assuming you have good balance)....

I take note of which toilets are clean. Luckily, working from home I don't have to use public restrooms as much anymore.

Edit: I didn't really throw up, but I wanted to.

12. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

:eek:

That would put me off for life I think.

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ugh. Reminds me of the coed bathrooms on my dorm floor @ Cal. :shudder: The women were so fed up with the messes that most of the guys left behind, that I think some of them must have teamed up and thought it'd be brilliant to leave some of their monthly mess behind. :pukey face:

Anyhow.

People have taken swabs and analyzed toilet seats-- they tend to be quite harmless. Especially compared to the ground (where many women place their purses/handbags-- thank goodness my mom taught me to never do that!).

I sit down if there are supplied disposable sheets. If not, I hover or use TP. If I step into a stall and see a messy seat, I'll walk out and find a 'cleaner' looking unit.

If I've really got to go... I'll do what I must.

And yes... I do know which public toilets in my frequented areas are acceptable or not.

And Abstract, why, always the sanitation type threads?! :p

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

When you have to drop a deuce.. you have to drop a deuce.

15. juicedus macrumors member

GIRLS DON'T POO!!!!! OR FART!!!!!

I don't care what any of you say, you're not changing my mind!

16. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I have some property I'd like to sell you.... :rolleyes: :D

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I suggest not dating/marrying a vegetarian then.

18. jdechko macrumors 68040

I completely agree. I'd rather wait until I get home, but I also know where some good restrooms are. If I can make it there, I will.

19. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Some minds are flush with ideas. At least it managed to avert a trip to the wasteland.

20. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

And why are Mac users obsessed with puns?! :D I'm just not witty enough to come up with them myself, but they do get a giggle from me.

21. mpw Guest

I knew a girl who would make such a fuss over public toilets. She couldn't go in a stall that she'd seen someone just come out of, she'd layer the seat with toilet paper, if something hadn't been flushed she couldn't just flush it she'd move to the next stall etc. etc. etc. But put the seat down and she'd happily drop to her knees a do a line of charlie!

22. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I believe the facilities on San Francisco's streets are also self-cleaning. It's creepy when the doors close... :eek:

23. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Should also be perfect for use on politicians.

24. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I'd imagine they could get dirty enough.. but maybe not as dirty as mens' washrooms.

Sit, but only with a minimum triple-layer of those toilet seat covers shielding just about every possible surface except for strategically placed channels to the water below.

Waiting for home is preferred, but desperate situations will often trump my desire for more familiar surroundings.

Sometimes I'll go up three or four floors where there's less traffic in the halls, and therefore less traffic to the available bathrooms.