Told to shut down

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dmachine, Oct 28, 2005.

1. macrumors member

dmachine

I unplugged everything from my PB (Nano, keyboard that has mouse and Treo 650 cradle attached, speakers, power plug and external monitor) and moved to a different room. When I opened the PB and clicked to open firefox and thunderbird I got a window pop up that said I needed to hold down the power button to shut down and when I restarted it said that OS X unexpectedly shut down and I could click OK or report and I clicked report and nothing happened. What would have caused this?

2. macrumors 6502a

Oryan

It sounds like a kernel panic to me. Basically something bad happened in the OS that it couldn't figure out. I've never seen a dialog box after restarting though. (I'm not running Tiger)

3. thread starter macrumors member

dmachine

Is this anything that I should worry about? Is there anything that I should do?

4. macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Probably not, unless they start to occur frequently. I get them once or twice a month on my powermac.

5. macrumors 68030

FFTT

The only time I've ever had this happen to me was when I accidentally overloaded the desktop because my hand slipped off the mouse during a huge file transfer dropping 1300 loop files on my desktop.

Pilot Error! Down in flames

6. macrumors 68020

Lol!! I've done that before. I don't think I caused a kernel panic though.

Yeah, you have the worst kind of problem, a Popcorn Panic. I suggest you give me your computer, and I will eat the popcorn.