Tom Clancy Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by JzzTrump22, May 5, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Are there any or will there be any rainbow six games for mac?

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Rainbow Six
    Rainbow Six:Rogue Spear
    Rainbow Six:Raven Shield
    and Ghost Recon
    are all available for mac. The first two are classic only, Raven Shield is OS X only and Ghost Recon is Mac OS 9/X i believe.

The latter two are published by Aspyr. You should be able to find them all online at places like Amazon or GoGamer

3. Gabriel macrumors member

4. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Splinter cell = been there, done that. I'm lookin for a online multiplayer fps, like rainbow six 3, ghost recon, etc... Does anyone know if ghost recon 2 will be comming to mac?

5. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

I am pretty sure that they will port GR2 to the Mac, but of course GR2 won't even come out on PC until late 2004, so it might be a while.

Addition: As Krizoitz said, both Rainbow Six 3, and Ghost Recon are already available for the Mac..

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/raven/

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/grds/

6. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Do a lot of people play online? Or is everyone more into warcraft? I can't for WOW, it's looks awsome.

7. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Have you played Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow Multiplayer? Its amazing.

8. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes i have. It is a very good game, but i don't play because theres too much cheating going on. So for right now i'm sticking to rainbow six 3.

9. senseibiz macrumors regular

I just picked up Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow. I heard this is a must have if you have an xbox. what do you guys think......

10. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Why dont you decide for yourself if it was worth it?

11. Swiftstorm macrumors newbie

I'm not so sure about Raven Shield, but Ghost Recon is quite popular. If you're into shooting/war games have a look at the Medal of Honor line up.

12. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Just bought it myself last week. Graphics are probably a little better than the original (looks like the same game engine, but better level design). Gameplay is the same (very good!) as before.

Actually, considering how good this game looks on the Xbox, I'd be interested in seeing how it runs on PS2, GC (and the Mac, eventually) for comparison.

13. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Splinter cell is definately a must have for xbox. The online graphics are amazing as well as the game. The only thing that i'm not crazy about for the online play is that you could only have 4 people per room. Some of the levels are so big, you need more like 6-8. I hope they decide to change it.

14. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

After reading this thread I ordered today Ghost Recon. Amazon already shipped. Hopefully it comes on saturday. If not - monday.

Hope it plays fine on my iBook G3 900MHz. We will see.

15. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ghost recon was a good game, I might consider buying it for mac eventhough i have it for pc. If i can find a lot of people to play with and it's not too expensive i might buy it.

16. Swiftstorm macrumors newbie

It plays fine on my dual 450 G4. It should work smoothly on your machine.

17. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

for some reason Ghost Recon (desert shield) plays like garbage on my PB any ideas on telling what is running on my machine thats slowing it down? I can't believe its the machines fault, most likely my switcher blood :) I've used top from the command line but is there some settings in the game i should be using? (its the latest version)

cheers
    m

18. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

First of all it's desert siege. Second of all you probbaly need to tune down some of the settings like shadow effects and the extra settings that require a lot of ram.

19. AkiraK macrumors member

But, in keeping with the game's emphasis on stealth, the multiplayer limit is designed to be more cat and mouse than run and gun. I like the limit, and have played mostly online since buying the game (I'm slowly working my way through the single player, but the difficulty is brutal on the higher settings.

The Athena Sword expansion pack for Raven Shield is nice, but nothing really new--if you like Raven Shield, you'll like Athena Sword, but I doubt it will win any new converts.

For all out fragfests, I would highly recommend UT2k4. The revised Assault mode is great, and Onslaught is simply amazing. You'll need a pretty beefy system to run it, but it's well worth it.

20. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll have a 1.5 15" pb. 128 video card and 512 ram. I can always upgrade the ram. Theres only 2 types of games that i would want to play. fps like rainbow six and mmorpg's like warcraft. I'll be away at college, so i won't have too much money so i have to pick my games wisely. I heard the college blocks a lot of stuff from the students like kazaa. So i hope they don't put restrictions on connecting to game websites and stuff. I also really wanted to bring my xbox so i can play on Live, but from what i hear, it doesn't connect to the live server so i guess the college kinda blocked it out or something which sucks.

21. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh yeah, and i hadn't really though about this, but i would really need a gamepad for games unless i can find a cheap mouse that actually works for more than a day.

22. AkiraK macrumors member

My experience has been that a mouse is not the place to save money. Granted, paying $100 for one is a bit extravagant, but the $15 generic specials are hardly worth what you pay for them. There are plenty of good mice in $25-40 price range, so I'd start there.

23. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you think a gamepad would work better? From what i've read, there aren't too many good gamepads. I heard they break easily and are not worth the money. I know for games like warcraft (point and click) it would be much much easier with a mouse right? Especially for a laptop.

24. AkiraK macrumors member

Other than Tony Hawk or Madden, I have yet to find a game that really requires a gamepad (the two I mention are virtually unplayable without one). FPS are much more precise with a mouse/keyboard setup.

25. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Yes it does ! Runs really great. And the good news: I got the mission pack Desert Siege as well. Even so I didn't ordered it.

I already have the game for my PC. It play nearly as nicely on the iBook. The PC is a Duron 800MHz Geforce 2 MX.

Ghost Recon is the first game for my iBook. First I tought I will never find a nice one. But it really plays nicely.

Cheers