Tom Cruise has pull around MR too???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macartistkel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Geez, I was so pissed about hearing that I will not get to see the South Park Scientology epi again, but then I noticed the thread is locked, WTF :confused:

I guess I need to read the rules as to why a thread gets locked, but I am assuming some fans of Tom were insulted or something! Why is everyone so uptight about EVERYTHING around here. Its a dang message board and no one can hardly express how they feel about something without offending other peeps. Oh well I could be just taking things the wrong way as well.

I am going to check out the rules now! :)

2. commonpeople macrumors regular

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The thread was locked because a user (who has now been banned and who's posts in the thread in question were removed) was posting in an innapproprite manor. The thread was about to wildly OT and I think the mods put an end to it before that happened.

Lethal

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Either that or Tom Cruise has been granted Mod status.:eek::rolleyes:

5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

He did a dance in his underwear while lip syncing bob seger, and wooed the mods.

6. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Ok, I completely understand why the thread was locked now and why a poster did get ban for a certain post! I am sorry I even complained about it but I am glad the moderator explained what happened at least. I definitely think people can go too far with some posts on message boards and I appreciate the fact I don't have to read compeletly idiotic stuff on here all day.

I will say that Tom Cruise seems to go out of his way to make himself a target of ridicule. But I do like the fact it gives people something to talk about. To this day I still enjoy laughing at his "couch jumping" appearance on Oprah and getting to see that South Park epi. That had to be one of the funniest things I have seen in my life!! :p

7. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.