Tommy Chong Sentenced to 9 Mos. in Jail

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sun Baked, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

You know what, I'm gonna open up a show with glass blown tubes.

Go convict my ass of drug paraphernalia...

It was because of the movies...

3. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Wow, that's crazy. In canada lots of stores sell pipes. They can't prove that you are going to use them for weed, so they totally legal. I can't beleive that a pipe is illegal.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

oh, yeah, good job feds. this guy was a monster, almost as bad as people who sell mugs (for drinking beer)! I hope they kill him in prison, and i'm glad our federal government is wasting $billions in tax dollars in a faux-war-on-drugs that I didn't want in the first place.

pnw

5. Pinto macrumors newbie

God bless the Land of the Free.

(note the heavy sarcasm in my voice).

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

We have these totally ludicrous paraphenelia laws in many states down here, in iowa for instance you can be charged with a criminal offense for owning a spoon, or a rake, or a salad collander. because all of those things could be used to make (grow), process or use drugs.

they shut down all the head shops in iowa. you can't even buy meshes in cigar shops. all the tobacco pipes are filtered, they can barely sell rolling papers at gas stations. they can't sell rolling machines tho.

pnw

7. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

weak. totally, totally, weak.

i hope that federal judge got his daily hard-on for sentencing a devious master-mind criminal like Tommy-freaking-Chong to prison.

**** like this annoys the hell out of me.

pathetic.

[/vent]

8. Potus macrumors 6502

I know zip about this particular judge, but many Fed judges have been refusing to follow sentencing guidelines which they view as draconian, often resulting in the little guy getting the harshest sentence while the big guys get off much lighter by "cooperating" and shopping the little guys to the feds. Now the Bushevik, Ashcroft, is starting dossiers on every judge whose sentence Ashcroft disagrees with, aiming to begin "punishing" the judges in some way. So much for an independant judiciary in the U.S

follows the demise of habeus corpus, the right to confront witnesses, the right to trial, the right to know what you're charged with, the right to a speedy trial: all under attack by the "Patriot" Act I and II.

9. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

it's legal in New York. They just have disclaimers all over the head shop reading "for tobacco use only". That way once it's sold it's only on the hands of the innocent smokers.

I say innocent because it's totally bogus to have marijuana illegal and alcohol legal. Which one causes more violence, deaths, ruins people's lives, etc? Which one makes people hungry?

Plus the reasons it's illegal is because of "reefer madness" and it's lame propaganda, which has all been proved wrong. :rolleyes:

poor tommy :(

though he'll be fine in jail...he's the squirrel master!

10. Sun Baked thread starter macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The head shop/storefront & vocalness on the issue may have been the excuses the government used, but it was Tommy Chong's glass product manufacturing facility that they wanted to kill.

They rounded him up in the sweep of glass pipe manufacturers, I remember them closing one here in town.

So they aren't just punishing end users and head shops, there looking at production facilities also.
    :rolleyes:

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

yes, thankfully the best head shops are overseas, where people are enlightened. I use www.the-head-shop.co.uk. Nice prices, compared to what head shops were priced at here in iowa before they were run out. Some of those bongs would have cost $hundreds, the most basic cheap one was about $60.

it would be so nice if the government actually followed the constitution... where we are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness... unless, of course, that right infringes on anyone else's rights. Which it does not. therefore, marijuana prohibition = unconstitutional.

pnw

12. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

well said!

alcohol on the other hand infringes on others' rights all the time and is still legal...hey just dont like to admit it cause they're all womanizing drunks

*please don't audit me* :D

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

you're dead on. i have to say that the majority of stoned drivers i've seen are far more cautious than the drunk ones... now, that said, i think there should be very harsh penalties for driving under the influence of marijuana, because it does dull the reflex time considerably. still.

can't remember the last time a guy came home stoned and beat the hell out of his wife and kids. again, not saying it doesn't happen, there are certainly disturbed individuals in the world.

i used to know cops that would totally look the other way if they pulled you over and found a bowl, or caught you at a party. as long as there weren't other cops there, which causes problems... they know they're much better off dealing with a calm, relaxed stoner than an agressive, rash drunk. kind of makes you think, veteran cops know what's what. i respect them immensely. Only the good ones tho, i don't need some cop calling me a queer. you know, i once had a cop pull a gun on me, just because i had a little stash. ok there were like 4 cops and 4 of us. but that's a little unnecessary, don't you think? good way to make us pull a gun if we have one :rolleyes: we did not... i don't appreciate people driving around with firearms. Whoa, did i just go on a rant there? hmm...

i'll be the first one to point out the negative effects of marijuana. but none of them involve other people. and if they're going to legislate what you can't do that's harmful to one's body, piercings, red meat and football will be illegal. in that order. :)

pnw

14. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

f*ck the Po-lice, f*ck F*ck F*ck tha police!

dude, pulling a gun on you because of a little bit of herb is absolutely ridiculous. if you're stoned all your gonna do if freak out and cooperate. Damn.