1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Tomorrow we send my wife's iBookG3 to AppleCare....

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xsedrinam, Jul 27, 2005.

1. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

...for the third time, with the same logic board malfunction which is common knowledge with this model. Anyone know of a more efficient way to go about it other than:
    1-call AppleCare at the 1-800 number
    2-describe problem and request box to be sent to us.
    3-wait for box to come, pack and resent to Apple at the drop sight
    4-Hope they replace the logic board, repair the CD tray and use some better resin that what's reportedly caused the older logic board failure?
    Thanks
    X

2. macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Wait until you have to do it 3 times, raise a little hell on the phone and get a brand new G4 ibook.

3. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I could readily go for your second and third points. Customer loyalty and reward seem to be a wanning practice. Thanks for spending a comment on us.
    X

4. macrumors newbie

My aunt's 2 year old iBook G3 w/Applecare last week had a logic board failure for the 4th time. My aunt complained loud enuff this time around and now Apple's going to send a new laptop (one of the ones released just yesterday!).

5. macrumors demi-god

Ooooo. Nice upgrade!

Hehe, if someone didn't know that they would just replace it, I can see the call:
    "Hey, AppleCare? My iBook is SOO much faster now! What did you do to it?"

:p

6. macrumors demi-god

MacRy

I can only sympathize i'm afraid. My G4 iBook went back to Apple yesterday because of a problem with the screen that they didn't fix the last time that it went back. The first time I had it repaired (they replaced the logic board) I had to deliver and collect it myself because they weren't running the collection program then.....that was a 200 mile round trip! It has the same problem but only worse so I wasted my time and petrol that first time. I'll kick up a fuss big time if they don't correct the problem this time around.

7. weg
    macrumors 6502a

weg

Here in Austria the manufacturer gets 2 chances to fix the problem. If the same problem occurs a 3rd time, you can demand that they give you your money back (if the product is still under warranty, of course).

8. macrumors 65816

joecool85

Wow...makes me wish I had gotten AppleCare on my rev a PB when I bought it 2 years ago. Can you imagine going from a 867mhz PB to a 1.5ghz PB!!