Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is Macuser telling the truth? Or are they lieing, cheating scum?

• Yes, they're telling the truth!

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No, they're lieing and should be shot.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I've been in a cave and haven't heard of the article. Where are my pants anyway?

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I hope they are right about the update! However, I really would like a more extensive update. Who know though?? All speculation has come from one source.

Six

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Oh those foreign magazines sure love to tell us early...

Yeah, the only reason I believe it so much is because I'd consider Mac User a pretty good source.. They were bought by Mac World, atleast in the US..

groov'

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2001
Netherlands
tomorrow today

your tomorrow is here in Europa almost today.

The day of another chance missed by our company - even if they upgrade PPC

cornelius

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
I think it'll be the availability of the new iMac. Cuz i don't know, we are close to the end of month, and also if you go to the apple store to check your order status, that page wont appear. This happened to me twice. Who, knows, it might also be (la mierda de internet explorer) the ****ty internet explorer. If someone has the same problem, let me know. Thanks

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
it was just too tempting not to choose the third option! :D

Whether apple do or don't announce upgrades to the pro line-up, i don't really think it will be what everyone's been waiting for from apple. Sure it'll help to tie them over till the next macworld, but nothing spectacular. I think the predictions from macuser will be close to spot on.

ezrabud

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2002
Update seems very unlikely tomorrow

Take a look at the crystal clear savings promotion that Apple is running on all G4 towers and monitors. The promotion lasts until the end of January.

"Buy a Power Mac G4 between October 26 and January 31, 2002, and get a picture perfect deal on any Apple flat panel display.** Purchase a 15-inch or 17-inch Apple Studio Display or the breathtaking 22-inch Apple Cinema Display and pay up to $500 less. Now that’s a real screen saver."
linked

Apple would not make the mistake to overlap this promotion with the release of new desktops. Unless, Apple will call the new update the G5 Tower. Then the rebate would seem to not apply. Very small but interesting possibility.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I just can't see anything major being announced this soon after a MW. Even if the PMs were only bumped up to 1 GHz, that would be something Steve would want to talk about on stage...

cornelius

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Mghz to Ghz

I think Steve wouldn't do a big release of a 1ghz PM, Since his main focus was to make the people think way beyond the MGHz, so if he does a big release,like in an expo somethin like it, he will be doing as others do, and Thats not his way of thinkin. They will just upgrade to 1ghz like if it doesnt means that much to them, like an usual speedbump. Even though it'll be a breakthrough.

Six

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Okay, the lack of pants posts are REALLY scaring me now...

I think Apple got too much negative feedback after the expo because they made such a hype.. i dont think a big hype would be made..

JOE40

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2002
New Jersey
check your order status, that page wont appear.

Originally posted by cornelius
I think it'll be the availability of the new iMac. Cuz i don't know, we are close to the end of month, and also if you go to the apple store to check your order status, that page wont appear. This happened to me twice. Who, knows, it might also be (la mierda de internet explorer) the ****ty internet explorer. If someone has the same problem, let me know. Thanks

Same thing JUST happened to me.:confused:

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
well, it'll be a psychological breakthrough at least, even if not exactly a technological one. It'll be nice to get to that clock speed though.

JOE40

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2002
New Jersey
No response when checking orders at Apple Store.com

The exact message is...

Did not receive any response from application. It is possible that the application does not exist, or that the requested url is incorrect. :(

voicegy

macrumors 65816
When is Tomorrow really Tomorrow?

Remember folks, it ain't January 22nd until Apple says it is.

Here on the Pacific Coast, where the Mothership resides, as I type this it's only about 5 in the afternoon on the 21st. We've got another night to wait, kids.

(and we've already discussed to death just what we are waiting for elsewhere!)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
see you in 18 hours or so.

I'm sure there will be rants and raves and tantrums galore in the morning. I'm also sure some poor schmuck in Europe'll get it up early. Happy waiting up all night folks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.