Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
They have an unlimited talk, text and 4G data plan, no throttling, post pay, no contract for $70 per month. It includes 500MB usage for a hot spot, and you can add an additional 2GB for hotspot use for $10. Pick up a Nexus 4 from Google for $299 or $349 and that wouldn't be bad at all.
I have been look at BLU products offerings and the Nexus 4. I was really glad that T-Mobile hinted at moving in this direction.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I'm not familiar with BLU, which one are you looking at?
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...e-series-of-smartphone-devices-197755941.html

Digg had an article from the The Verge that lead to...Forbes on how this company plans on challenging larger manufacturers. You pay a lot of that marketing and advertising that goes into the "cost" of the phone. On the flip side BLU appears to be relabeling a few models from developing markets, esp. India and SEA to sell them inside the US. One feature that is on all the models that I linked is the dual SIM ability. I would be useful for me since I do travel outside of the United States from time to time.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...e-series-of-smartphone-devices-197755941.html

Digg had an article from the The Verge that lead to...Forbes on how this company plans on challenging larger manufacturers. You pay a lot of that marketing and advertising that goes into the "cost" of the phone. On the flip side BLU appears to be relabeling a few models from developing markets, esp. India and SEA to sell them inside the US. One feature that is on all the models that I linked is the dual SIM ability. I would be useful for me since I do travel outside of the United States from time to time.

My wife is from Brazil and some members of the extended family there have dual SIM phones. I didn't know they existed, but I am on Verizon and I'm not up to date on the GSM world. I played with the Nexus phone for a few minutes and it doesn't seem bad at all. The rep did say that it couldn't be used for wifi calling, but then again, I didn't even know T-Mobile offered wifi calling. It would be great to get something inexpensive and reliable for my wife to call Brazil.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Americans would not like paying $649 (Full price) for the iPhone :cool:

Let us see how t-mobile plans succeeds!! :)

Because unfortunately the average consumer is a moron - they think they're getting a great deal with their $199 phone but reality they've got a hire purchase and contract rolled into one. What did I do? 12 months deferred payment and an open contract which is a damn site cheaper than the equivalent $199 offer in NZ from Telecom over 24 months.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
About time this will make my move to t-mobile a easy decision... all 3 lines. once my current contracts re up and t-mobile irons out the little things... :p

----------

Because unfortunately the average consumer is a moron - they think they're getting a great deal with their $199 phone but reality they've got a hire purchase and contract rolled into one. What did I do? 12 months deferred payment and an open contract which is a damn site cheaper than the equivalent $199 offer in NZ from Telecom over 24 months.

I'll pay full price for three new phones no problem.. :D but you are correct.. people look at it like oh pay less now. Not a very investment mentality no..

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Awesome T-Mobile. 4 lines ready for iPhones here with some unlimited data (hopefully LTE here by the summer). These new plans look pretty good. Hopefully this will force the rest of the carriers to do something similar instead of their fake subsidies.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
"From now on, many of the things are competitors do, we don´t."

WHAT??!

Do these guys even proofread their advertisements?

Sad thing is, how many will read that and say 'there is nothing wrong'! :(
/
/
/

----------

Great catch. I wonder if this advert was dictated instead of typed?

Well T-Mobile doesn't have the iPhone so maybe if it was dictated, it was done so on a Samsung Galaxy SIV... :rolleyes::D
/
/
/

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
The announcement would probably be the reason why I am getting solid 3G service on my 4S everywhere I have been the past few days. It will be nice to have my iPhone recognized as my device in myT-Mobile account.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2012
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57576023-94/t-mobile-kills-off-the-wireless-contract/

T-Mobile kills off the wireless contract'
'

The new plan is simple: You pay for the phone upfront or 20 months installments. The service plan is as followed.

http://tmonews.wpengine.netdna-cdn..../03/Screen-Shot-2013-03-18-at-12.29.12-PM.png

ZOOM IN, CLICK ON THE LINK

Screen-Shot-2013-03-18-at-12.29.12-PM.png

$80 for line 1 and line 2 + $10 for 3rd line + $10 for 4th line = $100 for 4 lines.

Line 1: unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500MB of data
Line 2: unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500MB of data.
Line 3: unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500MB of data
Line 4: unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500MB of data

----------

If you want unlimited talk, text and DATA for 4 lines, the price would be:

$80 for 2 lines (basic)
+10 for line 3
+10 for line 4

+ 20 for unlimited data for line 1
+ 20 for unlimited data for line 2
+ 20 for unlimited data for line 3
+ 20 for unlimited data for line 4

= $180 (or $45 each)

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
$70 for unlimited data. How is that a great deal? I'm paying that right now with Verizon with no contract and buying phone full price. Also love the BS that they call their network 4G.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
I'll pay full price for three new phones no problem.. :D but you are correct.. people look at it like oh pay less now. Not a very investment mentality no..

Here is the problem, in the case of New Zealand we have Telecom offering NZ$0 down phones on plans that no one in their right mind would ever fully use each month. For example, a 32GB iPhone 5 for NZ$0 down will set you back NZ$159 per month (over 24 months) which gives you 600 texts, 1000minutes of talk and 3GB of data (the data can be used how ever you want) - how many people will ever use 1000 minutes let alone 3GB of data on their phone? I mean, I'm on a NZ$29.95 open contract with 500MB of data per month along with 150minutes of chatting and unlimited texts - and even by the end of the month I haven't even used that - so why do people think that they're getting a 'super deal' by paying NZ$0 for a plan they'll never fully utilise at NZ$159 per month? based on my number crunching I can pay off my 64GB iPhone 5 plus pay NZ$29.95 each month and still come off better than going for the NZ$0 option. People really confuse me some times.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
$70 for unlimited data. How is that a great deal? I'm paying that right now with Verizon with no contract and buying phone full price.
Obviously you got a great deal. Back when I had Verizon, I had 2GB data, 450 minutes and I paid $85.

Now I am on T-Mobile and get unlimited text and data and minutes for $15. Obviously T-Mobile is better.

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Why is everyone lusting after unlimited everything plans? My wife and I have two iPhone 4S (AT&T) with 550 shared minutes, unlimited data for me, 2GB data for my wife and after my employee discount, the total is $105 including all taxes and fees. We can't even use up our 550 minutes and we have raked up rollover minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.