tomorrows technology

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Jun 14, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I was watching generation e on cnbc and they showed the playstation 3 and jow it was going to based on how seti is run....its pretty cool stuff, the PS3 connect to like a thousand main servers and you share the same CPU and you can DL games of the main server and that would stop piracy......pretty tech.

And then I wondered what kind of technology is coming soon will we see bio computing in the next twenty years or will it be the slow GHZ walk

oh and also sony said they would also try to uses bio technology in the playstation 6 or 7

when will technology and this progression all end.......I don't really have a clue but I can't wait for it to happen

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Wow. That sound impressive. Not so sure i like the idea of having to download games from a central server. The option of taking your cartridge/cd/dvd round to a friends' house and playing there would be gone.

Don't expect techonology to ever stand still. Someone's always going to be working on improvements :)

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The key issue a distributed system like that is you need to have a good connection to the internet. If you have a problem, tree falls and knocks down the lines, you can't play? I'm sure there must more to it than that, do you have a link to anything? Also the bio technology reference was a little vague, care to elaborate?

4. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

They were abit skimpy on the details but the games would be stored in a central server or servers so when one is down there is backup for the games to be accessed and this would eliminte piracy and you could only access games on a Paying service ( sounds crap but hey )

5. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

it sounds kinda like "THE MAN" getting into gaming...

What if you wanted to go to blockbuster and check out a game B4 you buy it....or what about demo disks?

They can be so fun, would they be eliminated? I for one do not ever want to see central servers controling access to games. What if you want to brign your PS3 toa friends place who doesnt have an internet connection....what if YOU dont have an internet connection?

I don't think it would fly if they do this....maybe in 10 or more years this could be feasible, but not for PS3

6. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, sadly the man is getting into everything lately. It is a shame really that they feel so threatened by a non-threatening problem. It is not real, it is perceived. They will wake up and discover that tech cannot be stopped. Hum, biotech playstation 7. Man, I want one of those.