Tonight is the Night!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Jul 11, 2004.

1. macrumors 601

stoid

Here in the Midwest United States, the sun has set and the hour is growing late. Tonight is the night I have been waiting for over a week for! Tonight the iTunes Music Store will reach 100,000,000!!! Tonight I will be purchasing nearly $200 dollars of albums in hopes to win Mr. Powerbook et al. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. :D

2. macrumors 68040

MattG

Good luck :)

I'm going to purchase $20 worth of music. It's 12am here and I should be getting to bed, but this is a special occasion :)

3. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Doh! You didn't get it. You should have spent $1500 and hopefully guaranteed yourself a prize. That equals a new PB and you get to keep the music.

4. macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't win the 100 million prize. You still get to enjoy your 200 songs. ;)

5. thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Since I moved home for the summer from college, I changed my billing address at the bank so that my statements would be mailed properly. Unfortunately, I hadn't changed my Apple account information. It gave me a credit card error, and the 100 million mark hit while I was updating my address!

Oh well, I guess I saved a bundle of money this way. :eek:

6. macrumors 65816

rueyeet

At least you were ambitious! I settled for buying 10 songs near one of the smaller milestones to try for one of the iPod giveaways. The download counter did cross the milestone I was aiming for during the time I took finding and purchasing the songs, but given my luck, all I did was play into Apple's marketing scheme. :p

Still, it would have kicked ass had the Dead Kennedys won me an iPod. :D