Tony Snow's battle with Cancer

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Mar 28, 2007.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/27/politics/main2611921.shtml?source=mostpop_story

So can we be a little more civil than those who speak negatively of Mrs. Edwards' similar battle and at least wish him well? As some on the other side have done regarding her. As he did with her. I'll admit, he's not my favorite person in the world. I can't say I feel sorry for him while he's doing his job, he knew what he was getting into. But nobody deserves this.

Please don't make the mods have to close this :( I'm serious here.

2. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

That's what happens when you're the mouth piece of evil for so long. :rolleyes:

3. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

Ok, well... that was quick. You know, I can't stand the guy either. But he is a human being. There are people who care about him. No one deserves this.

No one.

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I beg to differ.

I can think of a couple of people...

5. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I'm sure if you work on that it'll be more than a couple. :D

6. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Tony Snow is a class act. I wish him the best on his treatment and quality of life.

I would never say anything mean or derogatory about anyone suffering from cancer - including Edwards' wife.

I do hope that all of them do exactly what they feel is the most rewarding use of their time left on this planet. I personally wouldn't work another day and would immerse myself into my hobbies and family, but that's just me. I'm not going to judge someone else's choices for their final days.

7. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I actually think that his job is pretty cool.

8. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I think I hear the sound of tons of people holding their tongues here. :D

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Proof that working for Bush IS hazardous to your health.

Is it just a coincidence that this hits the news right after the attorney general "scandal'?

Might be, but you cant ignore the fact that THIS is now on "The Today Show", CNN, and newswires, INSTEAD of the attorney general stuff.

People are distracted, so it worked.

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

tony snow is a hypocritical horse's ass. and i wish him the best on his treatment and a speedy recovery.

but he's still a horse's ass.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Cancer is a guided tour through Hell. Nobody deserves it.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I agree I've seen many a family member have to deal with it and its not pretty, especially near the end.

Hopefully both sides will come together on this and work towards funding for treatment for those that can't afford it.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

While no one deserves cancer, pardon me if I shed no tears and lose no sleep.

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Cancer is a lot easier on the patient than on the family and friends. And the folks in the oncology clinic. BTDT. I played stand-up comedian for some six months, just trying to keep others from being down.

But sleazoids never quit their mouth music, whether it's against Mrs. Edwards or her husband, or Tony Snow. Grownups attack ideas. Nasty little children attack people. It's the Internet anonymity thing, with the Keyboard Kommandos feeling safe. It doesn't matter what are one's political views: Bashers are impotent cowards.

'Rat

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

So im supposed to forget what he has/will/does do, just because he has cancer?

Thats a bit odd.

Sympathy is one thing, turning a blind eye, is another.

16. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Once it spreads to the Liver ....... you are fecked.

FJ

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And there in lies the problem with party politics, nobody cares about anything but themselves. Maybe if both sides would admit that they are not any better then the other and instead of fighting with each other actually sat down and discussed the issues then maybe we would see a change in this country. As long as one side wishes bad things on the other why should we as americans care what happens.

The fact is Mrs Edwards and Mr Snow both have cancer that is probably not treatable and in most cases fatal, I don't see what good the name calling is and wishing the other dead will solve.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm just waiting to hear Rush Limbaugh ask if Tony Snow's religion is politics...

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Mr. Snow does not get a free forgiveness pass just because he has cancer. It doesn't erase his actions. Sorry, but that's how I feel. For me to suddenly go, "Aww poor Tony" would not only be disingenuous, it would be a lie.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So do you want the guy to die a painful death then?

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I didn't say that, but I certainly won't miss him.

22. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Jeez, why does everyone get so damn sympathetic when someone gets the big C?

Do you personally know Mr. Snow? Does he send you B-Day cards etc?

Its been said, sympathy doesnt erase your actions, past, present or future.

Unless someone has said "I HOPE HE DIES!" I would stop assuming that anyone without heartfelt sympathy is out to wish him anymore ill.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You obviously have never watched anyone die from cancer have you. If you had then you would understand what families have to go through. Let me ask what Mr Snow has personally done to you that you feel he deserves this.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nobody said he deserves it. Where are you getting that? I even stated that nobody deserves it. That doesn't mean I have to feel sorry for him though. And don't you dare start talking about watching people die from terminal illnesses. I and many others here have seen much worse than cancer. I've been trying to be more patient in here lately, but you're really going to get an earful from me if you continue with this.

25. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I just don't understand how you can conclude that. I used to listen to his radio program and saw a news story on his life when he first got cancer and I never saw anything that could be construed as anything but an attempt at being a kind, compassionate man.

Is it because you can't separate your feelings for the President from anyone remotely working in the government for his administration or do you really have a hard on for Tony himself whether he was Press Secretary or not?