Too hot to handle?: A/C Adapter running hot

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jennifer, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Jennifer macrumors member

Anyone notice that their A/C adapter for their PowerBook (1 GHz) has ever gotten too hot to touch? Is this a danger sign?

The unit itself gets pretty warm but never too hot to the touch.

Does anyone know of a freeware or other simple application that monitors heat output on the Mac?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

there isn't a program to monitor your power adaptor there are free programs to monitor the temp of your powerbook. my guess is your power adaptor has gone bad.

3. Jennifer thread starter macrumors member

Any specific recommendations?

Any specific recommendations on good programs that monitor heat? Websites to find them on? Search terms to use to find them?

Thanks again,
    Jennifer

4. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Mine gets very hot also, it always has, since the day I got it. Its not too hot for me to touch, but heat doesn't bother my hands much. I can usually pick up things that are too hot for my girlfriend to touch. Go figure. I wouldn't worry about it, if its bothering you, call Apple and ask them if its normal.

5. Indiana Mac macrumors member

The power adapter for my ibook 700 does that occasionally. Never to hot to touch, but occastionally very warm. Usually happens when its on the cord instead of the plug, don't know why though.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6112