too low of a price for macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by awraisch, Oct 5, 2006.

1. awraisch macrumors newbie

Hi everybody -

just looking for some feedback:

just agreed to sell my stock 1.83 macbook for $850. was curious if people think that was a good enough price. i guess i'm having the seller's remourse. :(

Any thoughts?

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

You've lost what? $200? How old is it? If it was one of the first you've not done badly I guess.

3. awraisch thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i bought it the day they came out, had it in to apple once to get shutdowns fixed.

you think it's bad?

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I don't think you'e done too bad. I think the person your sellingit to got a good deal, but I far from think you got a bad one.

5. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

decent deal for both buyer and seller. you might have gotten more on ebay but you'd then have to deal with the fees.

6. awraisch thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah that's the thing, i respnded to his craigslist ad saying he wanted one and he's coming to me to pick it up. i knew i wanted to get rid of it, but hadn't seriously considered doing so till i saw his ad. i figure this way i just need a few more bucks for a base model imac.

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I have the same and I am selling mine for 800.00 added 1.25 of ram..... posted it on craigslist....getting a good response :)

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

You might have been able to get a little more money for it, but it sounds like both you and the buyer made out alright. :)

9. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

it is not the best offer. you definitely could have done better (as much as 950, i would say).

you don't say whether you bought the extended AppleCare warranty - if you did then you are definitely getting ripped off.

10. awraisch thread starter macrumors newbie

nah, no extended warranty . . .

11. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

It was a pretty good deal, I'd say. Maybe you could've swung $900 or $950, but $850 is still a good price! No need to feel bad.

12. kgarchar macrumors 6502

i wouldn't have let it go for under $900, but that's just me. I'm looking to get the same price for mine that i bought it for, which is $1200, but I also put in a GB of ram, so i think my idea is legit