Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Hey all, my macbook is awesome. However, i may be paranoid on two things. One, when i close the lid, the lid is slightly off from the base as in terms of lining up. Maybe by the amt of the width of an index card. Also, the black border on the screen I noticed it pop in the sense that i put pressure on it and it went in like a mm then pops back out.

Am I just to paranoid over nothing?

thanks

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
No, you're not paranoid. The Macbooks are pretty sloppily made. Some seem perfect, others have ill fits like you describe.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
iMeowbot said:
No, you're not paranoid. The Macbooks are pretty sloppily made. Some seem perfect, others have ill fits like you describe.

other than that its great. i dunno i guess anything you get will not be perfect in all aspects as much as we would hope. still i bummer but at least its hard to notice it

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
dukebound85 said:
would you guys just live with it? i dunno im halfway tempted to contact apple but i dunno if it may be silly lol

If you see it as a real deal-breaker, I would either contact AppleCare or take it in to the nearest Apple Store.

However, I tried to get my keyboard changed on my MacBook Pro because the Eject key were misaligned so it was slightly higher raised than the rest of the keys. I wouldn't want that to come in contact with the screen when the lid was closed, so I asked them to replace it.

The first time they wouldn't because they said it was merely cosmetic and the keyboard was fully functioning. That made me a bit pissed.

So, if I take my key and go out and play with your car I shouldn't compensate or repair it? After all, even though I have scratched it thoroughly it is just cosmetic and it still works...

I kindly let them know that I didn't buy their top of the line notebook to have anything cosmetically or anything else wrong with it.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
I read something very simular to this about two months ago. Something about the border around the screen comming completely off. As far as the Apple employees saying that they can't do anything about a cosmetic defect ... they must park their cars about two blocks away from the store.
fkr.gif

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
MACDRIVE said:
I read something very simular to this about two months ago. Something about the border around the screen comming completely off. As far as the Apple employees saying that they can't do anything about a cosmetic defect ... they must park their cars about two blocks away from the store.
fkr.gif

Words to the wise, especially if you work at Apple heh.

Well, not that I would do something stupid as that but it just seems kind of shady.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.