Tool for batching knockouts?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by macmesser, Oct 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

I need a tool for automating knockouts of a large image database, mostly of subjects photographed against monochrome backgrounds. I have not used any of the third party plugins for Photoshop and am wondering which might be best. Many images have fine detail such as hair and even against a solid background there are lighting variations and shadows in some cases. Since there are several thousand images in my database it's imperative that I find an efficient tool, or I will need to rethink the in-progress design of a web site. As I mentioned, the images are mostly against solid backgrounds but in some cases the subject and background color/contrast are not really pronounced. Any shared experience appreciated.

2. macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

3. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

As you suggest, I'd rethink the design of the website.

Knocking out thousands of images is a fairly herculean task on its own. Adding fine detail, such as hair makes it even more daunting.

Why drive yourself crazy?

Work with what you have and find a way to make it look its best.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you're right. Just too much. The interns I'd be seeing would be in the hospital. Thanks to both respondents for confirming my suspicion.