top bezel getting scratched..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by T4R06, Jan 11, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

do you guys have this side by side scratch? i believe these were marks from the edges of the trackpad...

left side.. i have one also on the right side..
    [​IMG]

2. macrumors regular

I have the same problem. Two marks that align perfectly with the glass track pad. Also, I noticed there is a horizontal line going across the screen; seems like the screen is being marked by the keys.
    I wonder what the genius bar would say...

3. macrumors 6502a

Mars478

4. macrumors 68000

I had this problem on my 2 older MBAs where the trackpad button would cause marks on the top case. Both times, right before I went to sell them, I went to the Genius Bar to have the top case replaced. Once, the tech processed it immediately, the 2nd time I had to leave and come back another day as the initial tech was hearing none of it.

This written, I do not see this on my 13" 2010 MBA, but I will start keeping an eye out for it.

5. macrumors newbie

Are you serious? I wouldn't have ever noticed that even if it happened to mine.

6. macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

7. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

+1 ... how did you notice that? ...

Attached Files:

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

I am very meticulous.. As iag48 said. I have a horizontal line too on the screen..

9. macrumors regular

It's actually more noticeable than you think. Any time you even look at the top of a tool bar, your eyes will focus on those annoying scratches.

10. macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Yeah when you pay a premium for this kinda product you don't expect this. Here's mine. I can actually physically feel the "indent" if that's the right word, in the bezel.

Attached Files:

11. macrumors G4

I had a similar scratch on my Rev B. It got annoying, to be sure, and I'm surprised Apple hasn't fixed it (perhaps they did in the 13" since I haven't noticed anything yet), but if you don't pay attention to it, it isn't that annoying.

I wonder what computer Steve Jobs uses at home and at the office? If it's the 11" MacBook Air, it may get fixed in the Rev E.

12. macrumors 6502

iExpensive

Are you guys slamming your screens shut? I don't see this yet on my 2 day old 13"

13. macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Lots do.

I'm one of them. I want absolute perfection aesthetically.

14. macrumors 6502

We just need to rename this thread. "Insane people, check in here!" has a nice ring to it.

(I'm mostly kidding. I'm just one of those people who, you know, uses their computer and accepts a certain amount of wear.)

15. macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

I own mine since short after release, and no such thing is to be found on it.
    I really hope you guys dont slam the lid too hard...

16. macrumors member

why don't you buy a shaggymac, no scratches then

17. macrumors 68000

gwsat

Maybe this is a problem with the 11 inch MBA only. In any event my almost 3 month old 13 MBA has no scratches on or around its bezel, not that I probably would have noticed anyway but for this thread.:)

18. macrumors regular

Mmm, i’m not seeing this problem on mine. Am i not looking close enough. I just got my Air last weekend.

19. macrumors 6502

20. macrumors newbie

I'm usually pretty pedantic with this stuff but I can't see any signs of this on my 1 week old 13inch

21. macrumors 6502

duffyanneal

I've had similar issues in the past with other notebooks. The main cause was that after putting my machine in a slip case I would insert into a backpack full of books/stuff. Later I discovered that if I laid down the bag the wrong way the weight of the books would press down on the notebook and cause marks.

22. artivideo.nl, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

Having a lap top does not mean you can just kick into your bag.Treat it like you treat your wife, gently !!

23. thread starter macrumors 65816

you know what? actually my wife is jealous to my gadgets.. this is the only issues i have and the horizontal scratch on the screen.

i am very careful putting on my bag and i think the problem is when holding the MBA closed position then you put it on the bag, that's where it triggered...

24. macrumors 6502

+1 point for being gay: I get to be rough with my partner ;)

(yes, I realize that women aren't made of porcelain, but found the previous comment funny in a cute, sexist kind of way, and thought an equally sexist reply was warranted.)

25. macrumors regular

WAIT A MINUTE! Wives are supposed to be treated gently?
    This changes EVERYTHING!