Top desktop sellers at Amazon: Apple holds the top 3 spots

Discussion in 'Community' started by raynegus, Oct 26, 2004.

1. raynegus macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2003
  2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Wow. Not only the top three, but five out of the top six.

I'm not sure how much weight to give this. On the one hand, it certainly does attest to the products' appeal. On the other, we Mac users are more used to ordering our stuff over the internet. A lot more people prefer to go to their nearby Wal-Mart and pick up a piece-of-crap PC.
  3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    That's great, but I found one thing odd: There are no PowerBooks in the top 100. Why would that be? End of the life cycle? Amazon doesn't sell them? They're too expensive?

Lee Tom
  4. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    that WOULD be good news....except just a month ago, Apple had the top 7 out of 10 desktops on Amazon.

Apple went from top 7 to top so good.
  5. raynegus thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2003
    It's supposed to be a list of desktops not laptops. I don't know why a few iBooks made it on the list though. Probably someone put them under the wrong category at Amazon.
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that it is impressive that the new Apple iMac holds the top 3. They also have the Power Mac G5 listed twice in the top 10.
  7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    Why buy a PC from Amazon when you can pick up a cheapo 2.9 Ghz Celery PC in the produce section of your local grocery store or vending machine at your local gas station complete with Windows XP Home Virus Edition. :rolleyes:
  8. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    How many computers does Amazon sell that the 600Mhz Snow iMac is in the top 10! :eek:

Not saying much if Apple scores highly, but Amazon only moves 1000 computers a month.