Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elmzeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
London
Hey All,

Former Mac Gamer here! Just jumping back into the fray to find out what your top free Mac games are at the moment?

For me it was games like League of Legends, Hearthstone, DOTA etc but I'd love to know what you all spend most of your time playing at the moment.

Paulk

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Sweden
I am still fond of The Battle for Wesnoth

I agree. I still play this sometimes, its still around. Makes a very good solo game. I understand it is not going to be updated any more.
[doublepost=1456032127][/doublepost]Drakensang online available to both Microsoft and Mac is going to force (sorry, encourage) everyone to subscribe to what they call the premium edition - or to drop out. This is an excellent solo game (at least thats how I have played it). There are guilds but my guess is that it is they are played by groups of players who know each other outside the game. Very atmospheric, I particularly like the Deep Forest, but there are numerous other scenario choices that I have not even begun to explore. I will miss it, as I have no intention of paying for the premium edition.

G_V_Black

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2016
How about almost free?

I recently bought Valve's Portal for $1.99 on Steam. It worked better than I would have thought with keyboard/trackpad.

Last edited:

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Heroes

Also this isn't free but it pretty much is. Get CSGO when it goes on sale for $3.75. Just stupid pricing for value.

es5694

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2016
Las Vegas
I addicted to play Dungeons & Dragons Online, Dota 2 and Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.

This is how I spend my most weekends.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Hmm, I may have to check out Dungeons & Dragons Online. I know nothing about it. Another vote here for Team Fortress 2. Free, fun, even in small doses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.