Tornado Hits London!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bigandy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Well, a relatively small one anyway...

clicky

seems this whole climate change thing is really proving to be fun. Up here in Scotland it's almost flooding... oh dear. :rolleyes:

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

I thought it was interesting that it was described as sounding like "standing behind a jetliner" instead of the usual US response of it sounding like "a freight train".

Perhaps the tornado picked up an accent while it was there? :)

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

This "story" annoys me! :mad:

We are extremely lucky here in the UK, yet the slightest bit of weather causes a major news story. There was also a tornado near Aberystwyth a week ago that was the lead story on BBC Wales News for two days. Nobody was hurt and it did cause literally thousands of pounds worth of damage. Hardly "news."

Compare our "extreme weather" and so on to the massive tornados that occur in 'Tornado Alley' that kill and cause massive damage, or the mudslides in the Philippines, or the Tsumani of 2004 that killed around a quarter of a million people.

A little bit of perspective is all I ask of my news reports! (I normally support the BBC news coverage, but this really gets me going.)

Just wait until the South East (read: London) has a bit of snow in the winter, (what's next, a heat wave in the summer?) and the entire country (the South East) grinds to a halt.