Torrent app that lets me cherry pick files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kimi, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Kimi macrumors regular

Is there a torrent app that will let me cherry pick which files are downloaded. Like with uTorrent on XP, that lets you choose which files you download with out having to get them all.

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

Azureus does that, just set the files you do not want to do not download

3. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I'll give it a go :)

EDIT: That has to be the worst torrent client ever made, it really sucks. But it does let me pick files. I'll never be useing it after today.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Try BitRocket. I just did yesterday and it's one of the best clients out there for Mac. See if it'll let you choose what files you want.

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

uTorrent (Windows only) and Azureus are the only two I know of that let you selectively download files. It's a major selling point for them.

Azureus is good (the *only* OS X client that has a real feature set) if you give it a chance, it's just a slow clunky Java app.

6. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

As Warbrain said, try BitRocket. It's basically the Mac equivalent to uTorrent. I'm pretty sure it has most of the features that uTorrent does, but it is still in beta so it may or may not have the feature you're looking for.

7. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

8. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

No, BitRocket does not have that feature (yet). I'm trying it out and so far I like it, it has a lot of potential to be a great client.

9. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Just curious why you hate Azureus... I use it, and like it very much... sure, it's java and a bit slow to fire up (and especially close), but otherwise it's pretty effing brilliant, I think. Plus it's really feature rich. I guess I just don't get this hate on A...

10. generik macrumors 601

generik

Uses insanes amounts of ram, but I have to admit it has a comprehensive feature set.