torrent-azerus question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by numlock, Nov 9, 2006.

1. numlock macrumors 68000

im downloading a torrent with azerus at the moment and its moving at a pretty modest rate (says it will be ready in about a month). I can live with that but the thing is i might be upgrading to a new computer very shortly. How would i go about moving the torrent file itself and the downloaded file/folder to the new computer so i could keep downloading or is that not possible?

2. almightyshoe macrumors regular

If you saved the actual torrent file, you just burn/copy to an ext. hdd the torrent file and what files are already downloaded, then on the new computer, install azereus, copy the downloaded files to the download folder, and open the torrent file. It should resume downloading where you left off.

3. numlock thread starter macrumors 68000

but wont i have to change anything in azerus regarding the path of both the saved/downloading file/folder and the location of the torrent?

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Copy the torrent file and the partially downloaded files. When you open the torrent in Azureus on the new computer, select the same download location (as if you were going to over-write the existing files) and Azureus will examine what you have and resume your download.