torrent client on a mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kingcrowing, Mar 15, 2005.

1. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

i found a site where i can download Linux for PPC (Fedora Core 3 and Yellow Dog) as a torrent instead of just a stright FTP/HTTP download, does anyone have any expirience with any good bit torrent clients for OS X? thanks!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just use the official client. Version 4 adds some nice new features like queuing and a ratio counter.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Real quick... make sure to check out Ubuntu PowerPC for a good PowerPC linux distro. Also, check out www.distrowatch.com for more info on all of them and links to downloads.

As far as a good client for bittorrent, there are 3 that I would recommend, each offering something diffferent. The official client is cool if you want the bare bones, stable release. Tomato Torrent offers a bit more features. I recently switched to Bits on Wheels as it offers the most features and has a cool feature where it makes a 3D render of the files you're sending/receiving.

-Kevin

4. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I use Azureus mainly for the IP blocker plugin. But now I'm going to take a loot at Bits on Wheels because of Spaceballls recommendation.

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

6. yinyang macrumors regular

bits on wheels is easy to configure and use, and it tells you everytihng you need to know.

azureus is for those that want more control and want to tweak

i use either depending on how i feel :)

7. brap macrumors 68000

It's really spooky watching the 3d swarm, too!

I'd use Azureus, but it rapes my RAM.

8. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Mmmm.... Ram... :p

Anyway, I just started using BOW and I think it's great! Somehow the other clients were all being blocked on my connection but BOW worked around it! :D