Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
Eidorian said:
Azureus doesn't work via Rosetta.

Tomato, Transmission, and Bits on Wheels should.

Um - why would the original poster run Azureus under Rosetta? He was not asking for a PPC torrent client, but rather a universal/intel - the thread title was "torrent programs for intel macs." Azureus is available as a native intel app (beta - but fully capable), and the functionality and controls for the informed user under AZ is light years ahead of the down and dirty clients you offer - Tomato - which I suggested as a distant second - included. Do you have any experience with torrent apps on an intel mac box? No? Then why comment?

Why do non-intel peeps always feel it necessary to jump on questions from intel mac users and respond to simple questions with confusing answers?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
TAV said:
Um - why would the original poster run Azureus under Rosetta? He was not asking for a PPC torrent client, but rather a universal. Azureus is available as a UB.

Why do non-intel peeps always respond to questions from intel mac users?
Link me to the Universal version of Azureus please. :cool:

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Eidorian said:
Azureus doesn't work via Rosetta.

Why would you want it to? It's written in Java and works on PowerPC and x86.

Edit: I'm too slow. I blame the Internet connection :p

Eidorian said:
Link me to the Universal version of Azureus please. :cool:

Reread post #2.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Nermal said:
Why would you want it to? It's written in Java and works on PowerPC and x86.

Edit: I'm too slow. I blame the Internet connection :p

Reread post #2.
Even though it is written in Java it doesn't work on Intel Macs yet. There's more than likely a beta version out somewhere but you'll have to dig for it.

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060124083445859

Versiontracker also has a lot of complaints as well.

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
Eidorian - I certainly hope you are of more use in other threads than this one - otherwise, you just talk out of your backside with no tested experience. Stay off the intel questions...

See the little SWT icon? That's AZ running native....thanks again for offering a bunch of misinformation to a simple question that you've now FUBAR'ed.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
TAV said:
Eidorian - I certainly hope you are of more use in other threads than this one - otherwise, you just talk out of your backside with no tested experience. Stay off the intel questions...

See the little SWT icon? That's AZ running native....

I know. It still won't run via Rosetta though. You'll have to dig for the Universal version. Did you have to do any commands in Terminal to get it to work or was it just drag and drop?

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
Why would I want to run an intel app under Rosetta? I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but what is your point? If you have a PPC box, download AZ for your system; with an intel box, the link to the native client is posted in my first response. There is no terminal - it's all GUI.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
TAV said:
Why would I want to run an intel app under Rosetta? I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but what is your point? If you have a PPC box, download AZ for your system; with an intel box, the link to the native client is posted in my first response. There is no terminal - it's all GUI.
I thought the "Modify Azureus application" comment on that site meant something.

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
The UBV (actually reads as an intel in the activity monitor) dmg file V2.4.0.0 atop the wiki works like a champ.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
jimsowden said:
Just gonna take a stab in the dark on this one... Universal Binary Version? It's only what the entire thread is about.
Yeah, there is one of Azureus. If you get the PowerPC version it won't run via Rosetta like Tomato and Bits on Wheels.

It's just isn't very obvious where to get the Universal version. I was hoping for 2.4.0.0 to always be distributed as Universal.

jkballer23

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
Eidorian said:
It's just isn't very obvious where to get the Universal version.
It wasn't too hard to find. Under Info on the right side it says Intel Macs. Just follow the link and download. Or just use the link provided in the first reply:)

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
jkballer23 said:
It wasn't too hard to find. Under Info on the right side it says Intel Macs. Just follow the link and download. Or just use the link provided in the first reply:)
I'll stick with my PowerPC version. :p

Still a FEW people know about that link now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.