Total Immersion Racing

Discussion in 'Games' started by neonart, Mar 6, 2004.

1. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

Does anyone have this title? How is it? Are there any good wheel controllers to play it with?

Whaqt machine do you run it on, and how does it perform?

Sorry for the excessive ?'s. It looks like a really cool game, and I want to make sure it's just not a good webpage.

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i have tried the demo on my 12" PB and all i can say is that i was not impressed with it. the graphics were ok but the game play was poor. if you put the game play on easy ,it was far too easy and if you put it on hard it was impossible. it is definatly no gran turismo 3

3. thegivenone macrumors newbie

Don't even consider....

My advice is forget about it.....i L O V E my mac (;-)) but one field of mac gaming thats very far behind are racers, TIR is no exception. Graphics are OK but a little laggy and gameplay sucks. But try the demo from feral.co.uk first and see for yourself.....

4. turbojugend macrumors member

I actually find TIR to be a quite decent game. What it lacks in realism (the cars are impossible to mess up) is weighed up by the beautiful tracks. Other than that it has many similarities to 4x4 EVO, gameplay wise.

Needless to say, I don't own a console ... Im playing it with desktop resolution on a PB 15" 867 mhz cpu 768 MB RAM. I get the occasional warp and lag, but it's fully playable.

5. Urdam macrumors member