Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarsUltor

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Does anybody know how well the Total War games (Rome, and Medieval) run on the new intel macs running bootcamp? I have always wanted to play those games, but am hesitant to upgrade either my desktop or laptop...

patmort02

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2006
I play Rome: Total War with my Macbook 2.0 CD with 2 GB of ram. It's definitely playable, but can be a little laggy at times. I am almost positive that having a dedicated video card would fix this problem.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
I played the demo on my Mb it was playable but a little laggy sometimes, but still playable.

MarsUltor

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I play Rome: Total War with my Macbook 2.0 CD with 2 GB of ram. It's definitely playable, but can be a little laggy at times. I am almost positive that having a dedicated video card would fix this problem.

Yea, i have been hesitant to get anything but the MacPro, just because it has the best (and upgradable) graphics card... but i just don't have the cash to spend... i guess i'll wait for my current ibook to die, and hope a new laptop comes out with a better graphics card... or maybe a mini with a better card... thanks for the input

King Crimson

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2004
Anybody tried it on an actual MacBook Pro!?

Esp. on the 17" ... Would be nice to know, THANX :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.