Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Are there any predictions what will happen to the iPhone 5c? Kept around as the -$200 model alongside the 5s as the -$100 model?

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
I wonder if touch id coming to the mac. Maybe apple can put the scanner in the power button, that would be cool.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Most disappointing year so far

No Mac mini news except for a potential ARM switch (no sale), no iPod touch news (iPhone contracts are way too expensive)... I guess all that's left is to discontinue the iPod shuffle? :(

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
As others have mentioned, big whoopee surprise.

What would be a more pleasant surprise is if Touch ID were to come to Macs...

Sure, but where would they put it? On the Power button?
Other manufacturers like Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Fujitsu, ... have simply added a fingerprint reader near the trackpad or near the keyboard, but I highly doubt that Apple would come up with such a lazy (and ugly) solution.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Sure, but where would they put it? On the Power button?
Other manufacturers like Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Fujitsu, ... have simply added a fingerprint reader near the trackpad or near the keyboard, but I highly doubt that Apple would come up with such a lazy (and ugly) solution.

They could integrate it on an iMac, Mac Mini or Mac Pro within the keyboard or trackpad by making it part of the power button the end.

On a MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro with Retina they could put it where the power button used to be on the top right or something like that. This would obviously necessitate a shift of the ports on the right side by a half centimeter forward.

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
It's going to take a whole lot more than this to make me want to upgrade my iPad. Assuming I am not the only one thinking this, then that according to the sales figure reports, will become more and more of an issue to Apple.

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
The iPod Touch really is the child that no one wants to talk about.

I wonder what will happen with the iPhone 5s though? Will Apple remix it in a cheaper form as some type of iPhone 5sc possibility removing Touch ID? Or will they decide not to pad their profit margins and continue selling the iPhone 5s for $100 cheaper?

enggricha

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2014
Obvious. Like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow. Tell me something I don't know MR.

In other news, MR believes that the iPhone 6 will have a CPU and come with included software.

that was funny...but not it was that obvious

WakingMaverick

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2014
Obvious? Why?

Take a moment and understand why things are so obvious to you guys.
It is because we have such websites like MacrRumors.com
We forget how much work goes into running a site like this.
Collecting and evaluating data seems like an easy task?
Try finding your reliable sources in the first place! It's like searching for a needle in a haystack.

All this bickering and complaining about the nature, value or constituents of new articles is becoming really boring.

Edit:
And yes, it does make sense to believe that the upcoming iPhone / iPad devices will also sport the already well-received fingerscan button. At the same time, Apple is a company that is also known for moments where it could as well discontinue a well received part of their products, for the better of the overall good (e.g. the apple boombox speakers.) Even if this might not be exactly a rumor in the traditional sense, it does emphasize a potential point and not a fact.

Last edited:

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
I wonder how long it'll be before we have screens that can be a fully hand print scanner to unlock them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.