Touch screen Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by psyconut713, Mar 8, 2007.

1. psyconut713 macrumors newbie

has anyone on here ever seen a touch screen display hooked up and working with a mac? i would really like to use my mini as a digital juke box, but my dad is technologicly disadvantaged, so i figured having iTunes boot into start up and a touch screen to scrool through coverflow would be good for him. does anyone else have some ideas?

2. mrthieme macrumors regular

3. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Thank you for that link, I am drooling over these babys. I dont see why apple hasn't done a touch screen yet. It just seems so natural for the imac.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm just going to wait for Apple to release this as their new Mac / OS. Now that's a touch screen. :cool:

5. mrthieme macrumors regular

I'm hoping too, after seeing the iphone I want it on a larger scale.

6. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

That was freaking amazing. I can see a kid 10 years from now "you have to press buttons? Thats like a babies toy!"

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep - it's only a matter of time. The Macs of the future will be like that, but it will take a few years. We can also look forward to holographic displays - soon, physical monitors will be a thing of the past as well. :cool:

8. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Just bought the HP iq770 over the imac..... because of the touch screen desktop :) and waiting for the next big thing to come out from mac

9. psyconut713 thread starter macrumors newbie

iq770

i was looking at the iq770 for the job, does iTunes work ok on Vista yet? But i think the iq770 is a little much when i can get a mini, and screen for under 1500

10. mrthieme macrumors regular

How do you like that HP, I've been busy fantasizing about an iMac with this, so I haven't actually gone out and checked it out. Is it uncomfortable using it at a desk?

One thing I don't quite get is that everyone talks about this being in the distant future concerning Macs, but it is already a shipping product for other companies, and Apple has R+D into MultiTouch already, why should it be so far off.

11. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Just out of curiosity when they modify these macs they are just affixing a clear touch screen over the screen and then connecting it to the appropriate location on the motherboard? Have there been any DIY projects or is it only companies that do this?

12. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

The HP Touchsmart is amazing, it been a few years that i have not touched a PC.... and well Vista makes me feel at home...touch screen is amazing, Vista has been flawless....and all the extras makes it really fun.... I will always love macs.....but must say Vista is nicer then i thought, This is very quick, faster page loads, and just Quick....

Reallyy sorry to say I am not missing my mac........

13. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Its awesome...touchscreen is sooooo easy and sitting at a desk is no problem... I also scrol alot with it.....and photo are so easy to crop with your fingers :) Very happy :)