Touch Screen Mac?

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by intempo808, Jan 11, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Hey,
    This guy I know told me today that his Dad's business (who works with nothing but Mac's) has pre-ordered 8 touch screen Mac's. I can find a problem with this claim:
    No one really knows what Apple is planning to release, therefore, why or how could this business pre-order.

On the other hand, his Dad would never lie to him... so he might not be lieing...but i still can't see how the business pre-ordered something like this. :S

Anyone shed any light or got any ideas?

2. macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Lol...
    yeah... i just dont know if to believe it or not... :rolleyes:

4. macrumors P6

Peace

If Apple releases a multi-touch Mac at MWSF very few people know about it and I'm guessing sales reps don't know.;)

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors member

7. Guest

eric55lv

8. macrumors 603

aswitcher

I smell something in the air about this leak...

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Me too, but it doesn't all stack up, what with the pre-ordering...as if Apple would EVER do that! The whole world would know what was being released otherwise!

10. macrumors 65816

jackc

11. macrumors newbie

Multi touch ultra p?

If Apple wants to claim Multi-touch territory, the most strategically potent opportunity in years, wouldn't an ultra-portable be the ideal opportunity? MT in a full-sized Macbook is still prohibitive, but perhaps affordable in an ultra-port. I can think of ONE shortcoming - typing would suck. But what a leap in versatility! The appeal? The ability to do many things differently with a degree of flexibility hindered by hardware interfaces. Photo editing, graphs, drawing (any width of line with your finger), even Numbers would be fantastic in multi-touch (Numbers is a GRAPHICS application brought to the spreadsheet). Iphone has blazed the trail. If not at this MacWorld, soon - MT integration is a major drive for Apple.

"What are we gonna do tonight, Brain?"
    "Same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

12. macrumors member

Yeah, my neibor has a full time job for Apple and knows all of this stuff, whats coming out, and when. For instance, way back in febuary i asked him if Apple will ever come out with a touchscreen ipod. He told me that they are in september, but i am not sure when in september. So i could ask him but, I am pretty sure he is in SF for MW. If not, I will ask him when I see him, I may or not report it. You know, sometimes if it is really great you want to be surprised.

-Jonah

13. macrumors regular

great way to get him fired :D non-disclosure agreement, what's that?

14. macrumors member

macsensei

yeah sorry his dad lied to him. only 30 people knew about the iphone prior to its launch.

15. macrumors demi-god

CWallace

I'd be more impressed if you guys signed a deal with NBC so I could watch "Surface" on the Surface.

16. macrumors 6502a

Theres three posibilities to this story

1. Its some Modbook's
    2. Someones lying
    3. They really are getting real Apple touch screens

17. macrumors member

LOL nope, he is on a bussieess trip in Asia, I saw him packing a couple of iiphones when I went to pick my sister up (please ignore my spelling I am on my iPod)

18. NAG
    macrumors 68030

NAG

If you're going to lie at least photoshop up a really stupid looking picture for us to laugh at.

19. macrumors regular

i guess that makes me number 31?

20. macrumors regular

21. macrumors Core

alphaod