Touch won't turn off & volume buttons INOP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cogf16, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a 32GB Touch that"s about 2 years old. Recently the Power and Volume buttons stopped working. I just restored it and that did not fix. I'm running version 6.0.1 (10A523) Battery really runs down as I can not turn it off.

Thanks,

2. macrumors member

Sorry, I can't help, I have the same issue and posted about it about a week ago but got no response (mine is a 4G 64gigs, still running OS 4.x)...

Is there a setting that will put your screen to sleep sooner than it is now, to help your battery drain issue? Mine seems to sleep reasonably quickly, so at least that's not an extra issue for me....

3. macrumors newbie

Hard Reset?

Have you tried hard reset? Hold Power And home button until unit shuts off? usually about ten seconds

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but it goes to Voice Control screen and will not shut off. Would the Apple Store be able to do anything?

5. macrumors newbie

Sound like the power switch took a crap. it will need to be repaired. make sure you back it up before you have anyone do anything with it.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. What setting would I change to make it "sleep or hibernate" quicker for battery life?

7. macrumors 603

blueroom

8. macrumors newbie

You defiantly won't be able to force DFU as you need the power button to do so, it's pretty simple to fix thought as the power button flex is connected to the volume flex and they come off as one unit.