1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPad mini Tough/Hard case for iPad MINI recomendations, anyone?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by PracticalMac, Jan 20, 2013.

1. PracticalMac, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

macrumors 68020

2. macrumors member

I just ordered a black otter is for the mini off amazon for $35

I have a Smart Cover/back buddy combo that I like but for trips I wanted something more... I saw the otter box at the store and was surprised I liked it... Just not the retail price.

3. macrumors 6502a

ugcop

I use Otterbox on my mini. I find it is easier to hold. I've used OBox on all my iPads except #1 and all iPhones except 3GS. Great product and exceptional customer service. I consider it cheap insurance.

4. macrumors 68030

Cheap insurance? My insurance on my iPad mini is less for 1 year than the cost of an Otterbox. That's cheap insurance.

OP, you'll probably get a lot more help if this is moved to the iPad Accessories section.

5. macrumors 68020

Well, at least the cases lasts more then one year, and no mini return hassle. :rolleyes:

And yes, should have posted in Accessories, forgot all about that section.
    Mod's moved it anyway (thanks!)

6. macrumors 68030

There's no hassle when Apple swaps it in-store. :) I use a case, but it was cheap just to preserve my resale.

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors 65816

Classic urban legend. Please offer proof you even cover the cost of the case at resale time.

9. macrumors 68000

pooleman

I found out recently that Best buy will price match Amazon. I got my OtterBox case for the mini for $40 and didn't have to wait, and I knew that it was new and if I have an issue can can go right back to the store and not have to wait deal with an Amazon vendor.

10. macrumors member

No way!!! Damn it! That's where I was looking at it.

11. macrumors 68000

pooleman

Way!!!!

12. macrumors 68030

Well, the case was only $20 so it's safe to assume that if my iPad mini was scratched up, I'd get $20 less. :) Honestly, getting the money back for the case isn't a deal breaker to me. I just like to provide the next owner with a brand new looking device. (Although, I did get a 32 LTE for 459 so I'll end up getting almost what I paid for it.)

13. macrumors 68040

One of the key features making it desirable for folks is the portability, size and weight of the Mini. That said, doesn't the otterbox case detract from that? I assume it adds both size and weight and makes the Mini somewhat less portable as well. The price on Amazon is still around $35 though and that is pretty darn good.