Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
I was watching the news they had this... study...

It is bad...

They had this problem in europe (I think the mentioned france) so they started to lower the lever of that stuff.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
I was breast-fed and feel perfectly fine. :)

It always amazed me that women were told not to breast-feed their babies... "Well, women have been doing it for millenia, but we really don't think breast milk contains the proper nutrients for your baby."

Right. :rolleyes:

FriarTuck

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2003
Chicago area
The chemicals are bromine-based fire retardants and are used in a wide range of products including furniture, computers, television sets, automobiles, copy machines and hair dryers to make them less likely to catch fire.

Sounds like somebody's been making some naughty photocopies.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
when my brother gets back from england i'll make sure he sees this

from what i remember hearing from him, breast milk contains carinogens... so women who breast feed get rid of those carcinogens... but of course, the kid gets them. so it's a double edge sword.

i'll have him clarify and correct me next week.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
I heard this on the radio, and they said the levels were so low that breast feeding still was better for the child than formula.

I do believe it is the added immuninty from breast milk and how kids who are breast fed don't get constipated.

It is really pretty cool, my kids were breast fed and they would go a week without a poopy diaper. Their body used everything it got. When we switched to formula (at 6 months,) we went to 3 poopies a day.

(Heh this should be in the poop thread, but I think it is fair discussion given who started the thread. :p)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Health risks are worrisome, and new parents are especially anxious to do what's right. But still, I can't resist pointing out that injesting flame retardant will help reduce the number of babies subject to spontaneous combustion. :p (sorry)

photo of hot babes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.