"Toy Story" Continues, Without Pixar

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 18, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502

Without John Lasseter at the helm, Toy Story 3 is going to lack warmth. Fortunately for Disney, they'll make a ton of money on it, while at the same time, diluting the Toy Story brand.

3. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

And who is that screenwriter Jared Stern? Is that a name we're supposed to recognize? There's only one Jared Stern on IMDB and he's never written a stick.

4. macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Why Disney? WHY?!?

Is this some kind of sick revenge for years of "Disney's Going to Buy Apple" rumors?!
    Or is it just the worst idea since Treasure Planet, with an added sting of tastelessness?!

(I'd like to think it's a bit of both)

5. macrumors 65816

Stike

I cant wait to see Pixar kicking some Eisner ass in 2006 - when they will probably be Disney´s (and Dream Works´ and Fox´s) rivals....

Isnt it said that Pixar want to to do the whole distribution, marketing and so on by themselves? Or are they still looking for a new partner?

6. macrumors 6502

Rumor has it Disney is planning of using traditional hand-drawn animation for Toy Story 3, because they want to recapture the magic of Disney past, and also because they want it to bomb like Home on the Range, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis.

7. macrumors member

Now, now. Lilo & Stitch was hand drawn and was a big hit.

8. macrumors regular

And the animation in Treasure Planet was really good.

9. macrumors 6502

ehh... Toy story 3 without cg animations doesn't sound very interesting at the moment.

10. macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

It may be a hit but will lack a lot of fun and eye candy essentials...

11. macrumors demi-god

LethalWolfe

My prediction is Toy Story 3 will do good money merely because of the name, but the film will be no where close to as good as 1 or 2.

Lethal

12. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

well, that was only a hit, because the King's music was all over the movie. :cool:

13. macrumors regular

hoo boy. How will I ever boycott this movie with my 6 and 4 year old sons pushing to see it?

14. macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

tell them Satan animated it? :rolleyes:
    what kid would wnat to see Satan's handiwork? ;)

15. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew... this doesnt sound good at all... :confused:

16. macrumors regular

Ha ha... my kids don't know about Satan.

17. macrumors member

Chobit

Tell them Stan animated it, then tell them Stan invented homework. Damn that Stan..

18. macrumors 6502

that's a good idea... :)

19. macrumors newbie

Last time I checked, this was not really new news- it came up late last year.

It is still a bad idea, though. Maybe if Steve Jobs becomes the new Disney CEO it wont happen :D