Toyota unveils 2006 F1 Challenger

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Nov 28, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

At least a month development and testing head start on other teams, and probably nearer 2. :eek: according to Gascoyne they started designing it at the end of '04 :eek:

Amazingly small side pods and intakes, obviously related to the V8 and it's lesser cooling requirements over the V10. I was hoping they'd be an aerial photo to give an idea about how compact the rear end is because of the smaller V8 engine dimensions, it's difficult to make out how compact it is from the photos, but from the rear view, it certainly looks no more compact than the F2004 which is surprising.

Seems like the aero package is reasonably well developed, looking at the number of winglets situated all over the car, MASSIVE chimneys too. :eek:

Interesting front suspension design too. ;)

Rinky dink link

Toyota F1's official site

Looks like the 2006 season is starting early this year... :D

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Interesting. Thanks for the rinky dink link iGav. :)

I can't wait to see how lap times compare with the V10s.
  3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Had the tyre rules stayed the same, anyway between 2 and 4 seconds I would've thought, depending on the circuit.

Now that we've reverted back to tyre changes... who knows, but I don't think the times will be massively different to be honest, certainly visually they'll be no difference in speed. :D
  4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Wow, this seems like an early unveiling - some teams *cough*Super Aguri*cough* haven't even finished designing their car yet...

I'm curious to hear how the grid will sound on the starting line with the new V8s.:D

EDIT: Never mind, Super Aguri does have a car it seems, in the form of a few 4-year old Arrows racers.:confused: :eek:
  5. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    That looks like a stunning car!!

I may actually take some notice of the 2006 season.