Toys 'R Us Offering Wii Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Games' started by myshoeshurt, Jul 29, 2006.

1. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

I just ran into this on the Canadian Toys 'R Us website:
    Nintendo Wii Bundle Deposit

It describes a bundle which includes two controllers and two games, and the deposit is only $50. It also states a release date of 12/31/2006... obviously just a placeholder for the undisclosed actual release date.

In any case, it is a pre-order which is indeed effective. So if you're really worried about not getting a Wii in it's first shipment... there you go!

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I have a question.

I'm new to gaming and the Wii will be the first system I've ever bought. Are there often problems with first shipments like there are with Apple products?

I'm not some big fan boy so having it the day it's released isn't a big deal to me, I'm just curious if it's better to wait a bit or not.

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Ive got mine on preorder too did it about 1 1/2 months ago I'm in Australia

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Not normally and with the Wii supposedly already in production, pre-ordering shouldn't really be necessary, think of it as insurance. Also Nintendo products are known for their excellent build quality. Many people have working NES and SNESs (including me).

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah I saw that but what is it going to finally cost and what free game do you get?

6. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

No idea and no idea LOL. They didnt have a price then for me I guess I should go in sometime and check :p Ordered from EB games

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

According to the preorder conditions at TRU (au) it's any launch game of your choice. No idea on price though...

8. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Would I be able to preorder this from Canada, even though I live in the US? How would that work?

9. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

and me. the NES is awesome.

10. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

ok, the USA needs to get on this really quickly. It seems like every other country has Wii preorders. I'm getting antsy!

11. Moria macrumors regular

If the shops let people preorder when they don't know their stock allocation they'll be endangered of over selling, which would piss loads of people off. I'm glad the UK haven't started preorders anywhere yet because you wouldn't know if you'd got one or not until it was too late.

12. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Good point. Well, I guess I want Nintendo to release the release date then, haha.

13. myshoeshurt thread starter macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

I suppose for some hardcores, $50 is worth it even if it does fall through and they have to sprint to the nearest retailer.